WTD 2009 Week 30 - enLighten

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008

enLighten is pure, simple Southern Gospel music, focused on Jesus Christ, his teachings, and Christian living. The music is based on four-part harmony, but today's Southern Gospel music also features family groups, trios, and soloists. enLighten features both contemporary and traditional Southern Gospel.

Genres

*Southern Gospel
*Christian
*Four-Part Harmony

Artists You'll Hear

* Ernie Haase & Signature Sound
* Hoppers
* Cathedral Quartet
* Booth Brothers
* Gaither Vocal Band
* Happy Goodman Family
* Karen Peck & New River
* Legacy Five
* Inspirations
* Kingsmen

Sirius Channel 67/XM Channel 34

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...
:pope:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The description of this channel only mentions the sounds of Southern Gospel.
Am I alone in hearing country music in alot of the songs? And since I'm not a country fan, I'd put this channel 3rd place out of the 3 Christian music channels.

I'm glad they offer this channel, but not for me.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I was actually tourtured by my Grandma with this when I was a kid, so I have a built in resentment towards it...

What's funny is when I had FM in central Florida I would listen to a local Christian rock station, but then the signal of a southerm gospel station would cut in and kill my fun. I kind of feel the same way about this channel... It's targeted specifically towards the older demographic, but I'm really not into it... 2/5

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
The description of this channel only mentions the sounds of Southern Gospel.
Am I alone in hearing country music in alot of the songs? And since I'm not a country fan, I'd put this channel 3rd place out of the 3 Christian music channels.

I was thinking the same thing. The country music was a pleasant surprise :)

I enjoyed this channel. Although it's not the type of Christian music I like to listen to, I really did enjoy it.

The mix of music was good. The programming is good. Nothing really to complain about. I too am happy that they offer this channel :D

4 out of 5 Stars :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.