WTD 2009 Week 29 - Sirius XM Chill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Take a break in the lounge and wind down with ambient, electronica and downtempo rock in a quiet groove. It's modern mood music that takes the edge off the day. A place that pulses with the exotic and cerebral music known as smooth electronica.

Genres
Ambient Breakbeat, Downtempo, Ambient, Ambient Techno, Jazz House

What we play: Moby, Massive Attack, Dido, Radiohead, Groove Armada, Coldplay and many more.

On Sirius 35, XM 84

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

channel-35.gif

cldoobie

Jan 17, 2009
SW Ohio
This channel is good when I want to pump some bass out of my 12"s but other than that the music kind of sucks.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
My go-to channel for sleeping and relaxing, it's great in the car, great in bed, great in the tub... just great period... Except for the fact that some of the songs have lyrics... That throws the mood off

4/5 stars... -1 for lyrics

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
First of all, the little voice tag for this station on the stiletto drives me crazy. This station does not. I have had it on all day in the office, which says something because I usually get tired of a station all of a sudden and have to change. I don't know if it is something I would listen to while driving, and the jury is still out if it is pre-set worthy, but overall I am pleasantly surprised that I like it. 4 stars

JayDizz

Jan 3, 2009
Love this channel. I can put it on and let it roll for hours. I could do without the likes of Beck, Radiohead, and Deathcab for Cutie on this channel, not that I don't like those artists. I do but I don't feel that they belong in this genre. None the less, it's been one of my favorites for three years and a definite five stars.:bigthumbup:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This is a very good channel. Very good music. I really don't know where to classify this channel other than it's great background music. I can see going to a restaurant and hearing this channel playing on the overhead speakers :right:

Other than that, I can't think of anything else :)

3 out of 5 Stars :cool:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Very pleasant surprise this Sirius XM Chill. I'll admit I didn't expect to like it in the least. After all, BPM and Area just gave me headaches. But Chill was different, a bit quieter, and good bass lines. I'll remember this one as something to check out every now and then. A strong 3 stars.

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
On average I would guess that half of my SiriusXM listening is on this channel. I think it has a very good mix of the more "accessable" downtempo and ambient electronica selections. Some times they steer more into the indie scene, but that's okay by me also.

If I want something deeper or different, then SomaFM on the web fits that bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.