WTD 2009 Week 29 - Elvis Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The only all Elvis all-the-time radio station, broadcasting live from Graceland. The early years, the classics, the comebacks, rarities, live tracks and basically everything Elvis ever recorded.

Sunday Morning Gospel Time on Elvis Radio
Sundays 8 am ET
We start Sunday off the right way with Elvis’s favorite music, the gospel classics. Two hours of the best Elvis Southern Gospel music ever recorded. This program is guaranteed to keep your weekend positive in the most righteous manner.
Rebroadcast: Every Monday @ 12:01 am plus a special Wednesday Night Gospeltime Jam with TY at 11 pm ET.

Elvis Goes Hollywood
Movie songs heard daily plus 2 hours on Soundtrack Saturday Night with Bill Rock
Rebroadcast: Every Tuesday @ 10 pm followed by Bill Rock’s Elvis Memories every Wednesday @ 12:01 am.

Friday Night '50s Rave Up
Every Friday at 10 pm ET
Replays: Monday 5 am ET and Tuesdays 12:01 am ET
Elvis Radio host TY takes us back to the fabulous '50s when life was simple, cruisin’ was cool, and the rock & roll was raw and dangerous! Two solid hours of the finest music made during the Eisenhower Era. Legendary recordings from Sun Studio, outtakes from NYC, Nashville, and the Hollywood sound stages plus incredible concert performances, whether it was the Louisiana Hayride in 1955, the Tupelo ’56 Homecoming, or the hot smoky night clubs somewhere in Texas.

The Elvis Radio Vault
Rare gems heard daily plus hour long special editions on Thursdays, Sundays and Tuesdays
These performances are so exceptional that we keep them locked up! Rarely heard songs, special hard-to-find recordings and vintage tracks that make even the most dedicated Presley-philes jealous. You just won't hear these anywhere else! On Elvis Radio, you'll hear them every hour and we'll prepare a rareified gem-packed hour every Thursday at 7 pm ET, with an encore presentation every Sunday at 7 pm ET and Tuesday at 2 am ET.

On Sirius 13, XM 18

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I went to my dear old mother for this review since she's a big fan of Elvis, and I'm not...

Her findings: It's too relient on the b-sides and lesser known songs which she doesn't know, nor cares to know...

Basically, Single-artist channels suck... 2 stars:thumbsdown:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I am an Elvis fan (thanks ma), and I have Elvis as a preset, but I haven't really listened in awhile, and I should tune it more often. I have it on now, and they are playing some of the footage from recordings which are interesting. I think I would like it less if they just played a rotation of Viva/Hound Dog/Love Me Tender. I started at 3 stars, but added a star to spite the SAC haters.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I am an Elvis fan only in that he made such great music. Having grown up listening to Oldies, I really enjoy listening to Elvis, but not all the time ;)

I will say this, off all the SAC's, this one is the best. The most well run. It gives other channels a run for their money.

I'm happy that this channel is on satellite radio. They can get rid of all the other SAC, but keep this one :)

4 out of 5 Stars :cool:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I will say this, off all the SAC's, this one is the best. The most well run. It gives other channels a run for their money.

I'm happy that this channel is on satellite radio. They can get rid of all the other SAC, but keep this one :)
I feel the same way. This channel was here before I got here, and they do a good job with it. Not to mention the sales it brings in at Graceland.

Elvis Radio has been one of my "C" presets since '04, but I should listen to it more than I do. I heard a lot of songs that I really like. Kentucky Rain is my favorite.

4 stars

Status
Not open for further replies.