WTD 2009 Week 28 - Dave Matthews Band Radio (One Week Only)

Discussion in 'WTD Archives' started by semipenguin, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semipenguin

semipenguin A Member of One

[​IMG]*

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND RADIO JUNE 1 – JUNE 8

We’re celebrating the release of Dave Matthews Band’s new album Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King with Dave Matthews Band Radio. DMB Radio will take over Jam_ON starting Monday June 1 at Noon ET and lasting through June 8 at 3 am ET. You’ll hear a different live concert recording each night at 9 pm ET, plus music from the band’s entire catalog, interviews with the band members and more. And don’t worry: you can still hear Jam_ON online on XM Radio Online channel 39 and SIRIUS Internet Radio channel 10 (look in the “Pop†category).

Genres

*Dave Matthews Band

Artists You'll Hear

*Um, Dave Mattews Band...:right:

Sirius Channel 17/XM Channel 56

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:flex:

2. Similar Threads: 2009 Week
    Forum Title Date
    WTD Archives WTD 2009 Week 36 - Miles Davis Radio Nov 20, 2009
    WTD Archives WTD 2009 Week 35 - Rock@Random Aug 29, 2009
    WTD Archives WTD 2009 Week 35 - Mix Aug 29, 2009
    WTD Archives WTD 2009 Week 35 - Kiss Aug 29, 2009
    WTD Archives WTD 2009 Week 34 - The Woodstock Channel (August 14-16) Aug 14, 2009

3. squigy0

squigy0 Member

Sounds: Dave Matthews Band and Dave Matthews songs, interviews with the band

Positives: A place to hear the entire DMB/DM collection in both studio and live capacities, including cuts from their latest CD. Insight and analysis from DMB on the new CD and each other

Negatives: The repetition of songs, channel sweepers, and interview segments is annoying

Blastability: Medium to high. Feel good songs.

Overall: This station is the only one I intended to keep on my radio this week. I'm a casual Dave Matthews listener and was looking forward to broadening my horizons. The positives were immediately noticeable and I enjoyed my experience on days 1 and 2. However day 3 brought moans of "okay, i already heard this channel ID and interview segment the last 2 days." Day 4 brought groans of "didn't i already hear this song like an hour ago?" I think that could be a real problem for people who are big Dave Matthews fans
  4. jcrean

jcrean New Member

I turned it on once and heard "Ants Marching". :rolleyes:
    That was enough for me. That song has already been beat to death on FM radio.
    So much for hearing something new and interesting...
  5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I haven't listened enough to comment on whether or not they're keeping the playlist big or small... never really been a fan of The Dave Matthews Band. Sorry. :right:
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin A Member of One

I only have two Dave Matthews Band CD and they are from the mid '90s :right:

I liked listening for a little while. They played a lot of DMB that I've never heard, which is cool. Although I'm not a big DMB fan, It was nice to have them around for a week :)

3 out of 5 Stars :cool:
  7. digital100

digital100 New Member

I really enjoyed the DMB channel for the past week. I played it for several hours each day. I especially liked the concert replays. But I think the 7 day limit made it really worth listening to.
  8. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........

I like the 7 day limit. I listened for about an hour last night and enjoyed it.

4 of 5 stars.
  9. flap_jackson

flap_jackson New Member

Can you really like a guy that's songs have been beat to death on radio? Can't say I care about the guy either way, but I do like the length of the channel :bigthumbup:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.