WTD 2009 Week 26 - Metropolitan Opera Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008

Metropolitan Opera Radio presents the largest collection of archived live broadcasts, newly restored and re-mastered, from the renowned company's 77 years of broadcast history. Proving that opera is alive and well, the channel also brings its listeners 4 LIVE broadcasts a week, including every Season Premiere, 6 new productions – including a Metropolitan Opera Premiere – and 18 revivals this season.

CELEBRATE THE METROPOLITAN OPERA

The Metropolitan Opera is celebrating its 125th Anniversary with a starry Gala and Met Opera Radio will take you there live! Starting at 6 am ET March 15, you’ll hear archives like Andrea Chénier, Vanessa and Jenufa not heard since their original broadcasts. Then at 6 pm ET we’re live from the stage of The Met as we celebrate the company’s 125th and mark the 40th Anniversary of Plácido Domingo’s Met debut with a Gala Concert under the direction of James Levine

Genres

*Opera
*Vocal Music
*Classical Vocal Crossover

Artists You'll Hear

* Placido Domingo
* Robert Shaw
* Luciano Pavarotti
* Renee Fleming
* Tallis Scholars
* Cecilia Bartoli

Sirius Channel 78/XM Channel 79

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:soapbox:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Doesn't seem to be a very popular channel...:worried:

Oh well, I did my WTD to this channel. I must say, it's great music to relax to. Nothing better then to hear a woman sing like an angel, and you'll get a lot of that on this channel...:)

The DJ's do a great job. I don't think the DJ's have to do much work. One piece of work I listened to last for over an hour...:shock:

4 out of 5 Stars...:cool:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I can handle the choral singing... that I kinda liked. I'm not as big a fan of the rest of the opera singing however. Next time I return to Met Opera Radio will be the next time we cover it in a future edition of WTD. :cool:

I am glad they offer this channel though, it's something you probably won't get on most FM markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.