WTD 2009 Week 26 - Jam On

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
BlobServer

Love live, improvisastional music? Then you'll love Jam On! Tune in to hear performances from your favorite modern jambands, plus new up-and-coming bands in the music festival scene. Our hosts will keep you up to speed on all the news about upcoming festivals, tour announcements and who sat in with who at last night's gig. Also, you’ll hear live concerts from your favorite bands, as well as a full set of live Phish music every weekday! It's like a music festival every day here...Jam On!

Genres

*Improvisation
*Jam Band

Artists You'll Hear

* Phish
* Dave Matthews Band
* Widespread Panic
* Gov’t Mule
* moe.
* Umphrey’s McGee
* The String Cheese Incident
* The Grateful Dead
* Allman Brothers Band
* Tea Leaf Green

Sirius Channel 17/XM Channel 56
jamon.gif

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:music:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I tuned in a few times for about 2 hours total. I am thinking this channel could easily blend with the Deadheads channel, since they do play The Dead. I heard one song that I thought I might want to listen to again, but the rest I didn't care for. I wanted to give it 2.5 stars, or 3 if you round up.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I have listened to this channel a few times since Sunday. I heard something that I think they need to play more of...FUNK!...:shock:

They don't play enough of it, but at least they play some. They also play a good mix of Jazz in there, too...:)

I don't think that it's the same channel as The Grateful Dead Channel. It's more peppy and upbeat. A lot more interesting than Grateful Dead...:worried:

4 out of 5 Stars...:cool:

jcrean

Nov 10, 2008
Rock Hill, SC
Listened for a few hours this morning. Not really my thing, but not bad overall. I'm not one for the 17 minute jam tunes (y'know the ones that take up almost the whole side of a record, and there is only one gap in the grooves)

Wait. What's a record?! :confused:

Overall, a tolerable channel that may get another listen when I'm looking for something different out of the ordinary.
However, with The Dead having their own channel already, maybe they should refrain from playing them here, and focus on more obscure, unknown bands.

3 out of 5

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I've always considered Jam_ON one of my least favorite channels in the rock category. This is one of those channels I wish I could get more into, but never seem to really like the song that's playing, and some of them are long... :icon_eek:

2 stars

Status
Not open for further replies.