WTD 2009 Week 24 - On Broadway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Round the clock musical entertainment from Broadway’s past & present featuring Broadway’s greatest shows, its most memorable songs and biggest stars.

What we play: Julie Andrews, Barbra Streisand, Ethel Merman, Jerry Orbach, Angela Lansbury, Carol Channing, Chita Rivera, Gwen Verdon, Joel Grey, Patti LuPone.

The Broadway Breakfast with Christine Pedi
Monday – Friday 9 am – 3 pm ET
Wake up and smell the coffee with the woman of a thousand voices – Christine Pedi. Christine serves up all your favorite showtunes, a side of newsy Broadway bits and a heaping helping of humor!

Seth’s Big Fat Broadway
Monday – Friday 3 pm – 9 pm ET
The AHMAAAZING Seth Rudetsky joins you every weekday for a show that’s larger than life – it’s Seth’s Big Fat Broadway! Seth’s sass and spunk is only matched by his knowledge of everything and everyone Broadway. You MUST tune in!

Showtime!
Monday - Saturday 11 pm ET
Showtime On Broadway guarantees you a front row seat for a spectacular musical experience - with a complete cast recording from Overture to Finale! The most memorable classic shows and current hits from Broadway play complete and uninterrupted.

Dueling Divas
Saturdays 9 am – 3 pm ET
The Queen and, um, Queen of Broadway, Christine Pedi and Seth Rudetsky team up for six hours of Broadway chatter, unvarnished opinion and celebrity guests. If you want to know what's happening on Broadway, you won’t want to miss the Dueling Divas give us their dish!

On Sirius 77, XM 75

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I listened to Christine. This is good stuff. I usually like tunes that come out of old shows and movies. I'm surprised and disappointed with myself for never giving this channel a chance before.

:siriusdog:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I had this as a preset until a few weeks ago, and realized I never was tuning in. I did listen to it @ work for WTD, and while it was decent background music, I really didn't hear anything I really liked. I guess it's one of those channels that is hit-or-miss for casual fans. 3 stars.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I give you two channel reviews for the price of one...

This is maybe the 4th or 5th attempt I've made to give this channel a preset over the years in hopes of liking this stuff, but it's just not for me. I'm not into musicals. I'm glad this channel is here though, because it's not the kind of stuff you ever hear on FM.

My mom, on the other hand, loves this one. My parents just started subscribing to XM last Christmas. On Broadway has quickly become my mom's favorite. She says the repetition is not bad at all, and enjoys when they sometimes play a full musical.

3 stars

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Not my favorite music. Some of the songs are great. Worth listening to. A lot of the classics. Not into the newer musicals. Seth Rudetsky is very knowledgeable...:)

4 out of 5 Stars...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.