WTD 2009 Week 22 - The Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
It's the '90s and now! You'll hear artists such as Daughtry, Alanis Morissette, Maroon 5, Colbie Caillat and Matchbox 20 and more, Get the Pulse of adult pop!

The Pulse Music News!
Every Hour
Jim Ryan updates you on what's going on in the lives of your favorite Pulse artists. Whether it be news about their latest CD or tour, or rumors about their love lives, Jim’s got your covered each and every hour.

The Pulse Music News!
Every Hour
Jim Ryan updates you on what's going on in the lives of your favorite Pulse artists. Whether it be news about their latest CD or tour, or rumors about their love lives, Jim’s got your covered each and every hour.

Static Beach
Sunday 9 am – Noon ET
Join Mark, Bridget, and Danny with Static Beach as they wake you up every Sunday morning from 9 am- Noon ET on The Pulse. It's the Best “flight music,†direct from the West Coast. So join us at the beach with Bridget, Mark and Danny. Email them anytime at staticbeach@xmradio.com.

On Sirius 12, XM 26

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

channel-12.gif

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Static Beach is an okay show, but overall the channel is nothing but pure FM garbage... A nightmarish place where Train, Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliet and other such AC ilk lerk.

It was slightly better as Flight 26, but The Pulse gets a grand total of... 2 Stars:thumbsdown:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I tune to it from time to time for a change of pace. I usually tune to this channel when XM22 (The MIX / A Clear Channel) has advertisements. 3 stars

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I'd give The Pulse 3 stars. It's an occasional listen for me. I guess I'm just not into what sounds like a cookie cutter "Mix" hot a/c station. For some reason, I used to like it more, but have really tuned it out since the merger. How many times can I listen to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz or something from Natasha Bedingfield?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm not really a fan of music from this decade, so the arrival of the 90's channel on Sirius completely made me forget about The Pulse. It wasn't altogether a bad listen though this week, but I won't likely be returning to The Pulse.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I'm not really a fan of music from this decade, so the arrival of the 90's channel on Sirius completely made me forget about The Pulse. It wasn't altogether a bad listen though this week, but I won't likely be returning to The Pulse.

Good point. I really prefer the combo of 90s on 9 and Pop2K to The Pulse. I realize that The Pulse is a hot A/C, while the others are more pop based, but 90s on 9 and Pop2K just sound better to me.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
When I came to Sirius, I found this channel to be a good substitute for Flight 26 on XM. It didn't have quite the wide selection as Flight 26, but it was listenable...:)

When the merge came, I was really hoping that Flight 26 would stay, but that wasn't the case. They decided to keep The Pulse, which is ok, but I still would like a wider selection of songs. Especially more R&B and Hip Hop. No excuse for not expanding the playlist...:worried:

I will continue to keep this channel as a preset, regardless. It's nice to listen too on occasion...:)

4 out of 5 Stars...:cool:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Do we really need this channel? I love this channel, but I really want to know if we really need it. Especially XM subscribers. We have POP2K.

IMHO, if I were Sirius only, I'd rather have POP2K instead of The Pulse. They play mostly music from this decade anywho. Why not just make this channel available to Sirius subscribers online :)

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I agree with you... :)
90's on 9 handles that decade. Pop2k covers the present decade. Hits for the new music.

The Pulse lost its preset on my radio when the merger brought the 90's channel over to Sirius.

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
Being 21, I fall into The Pulse's target demographic. Overall, I think it's a good Mix-style station. It's current hits of today mixed with stuff from yesteryears and a hint of 90s format appeals to me because not only do I get today's new hits (like hits 1), I get to hear stuff I grew up listening to and have flashbacks to my secondary and late primary school days :).

Reactions: Aaron

acap

Oct 16, 2008
The Old Pulse... Sirius 9, The Pulse is way better. They had better DJs, a better music variety and had a good countdown show.

The New Pulse is loaded with Flight 26 sounding promos, Static Beach and the new term"Modern Music". I'm not a fan of Rod Hendrix, I believe he is very annoying. I give it 3 Stars.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
That pretty much sums up how I feel. I had it as a preset, but it just couldn't and still can't cut it. Girlfriend listens to it once in awhile, and she says it's ok. The only time I would think about listening is rarely when I was tired of all my usual stations. 3 stars.

Update: I got tired of the 90's on 9 preset (they were playing a lot of the crap that seemed topped the charts) and switched it to The Pulse. so I up my rating to 3.49 stars.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
I have it as a preset. It is one of my family channels I flip to when the kids are in the car. Most of my presets are not kid friendly :Smiley_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.