WTD 2009 Week 20 - E Street Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
E Street Radio brings you up close to E Street Band members and to Bruce Springsteen himself – interviews, guest DJ sessions, studio outtakes, concert recordings, rarities and more.

Guest DJs on E Street Radio
Fridays 4 pm ET (Rebroadcast Fridays Midnight ET and Saturdays 8 am ET)
Monday at 4 pm ET (Rebroadcast Mondays Midnight ET and Tuesdays 8 am ET)
Hear the stories behind Bruce's songs from the people who know him best, and stories about how songs effect and influence fellow artists. Everyone from E Street Band members to rock and R&B stars to famous fans are getting the chance to call the shots on E Street Radio. Hear two new episodes each week.

You Be the Boss
Mondays - Thursdays 10 am ET
E Street Radio invites fans of Bruce Springsteen to host their own radio show each day! Watch this space for news of our new phone number: then call in for your chance to guest DJ on E Street Radio.

Live From E Street Nation
Fridays 10 am ET
Each week , Dave Marsh will play music and talk to callers from the Bruce Springsteen fan community, discussing their favorite Springsteen songs, experiences, and more. Each week, Dave will have a different co-host.
s.gif

On Sirius 10, XM 58.

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

channel-10.gif

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
After all this time, I still cant take 24/7 of the Boss- I like his music when I hear it every so often, not continuously. Its far past the time that this single artist channel is removed and we can add back in some channels that have been removed! I give it 1 star... bored to death with it and I hate payolla channels anyway!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I like Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band...:)

But I think it's time for this channel to go away for the final time...:worried:

The channel is a good channel. They play a good mix of old and new music. A lot of stuff I've never heard. Great for Bar-B-Q's and Bar Mitzvah's...:shock:

I give it 3 out of 5 Stars...:)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I like Bruce but I really hate single artist channels. I can't listen to more than a couple songs. I tried to listen to it for WTD but I just couldn't get into it. 1 star.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I personally think that The Boss is probably the most overrated musician on the planet, but I did like the channel when it simulcasted his Halftime show :bigthumbup:

Other than that, couldn't care less for it or the format... 1 star!:thumbsdown:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I have never been a big Boss fan, could take him or leave him. I listened for a few songs yesterday, switched over to something else (I think Cinnemagic). I meant to go back and give a better listen and another shot, but I just can't do it. I have to agree that its time for the channel ride off into the sunset and free up space for other channels. 2 stars.

JayDizz

Jan 3, 2009
This channel will be my first one star rating on WTD. I'm not a fan of Springsteen and I hate the idea of a single artist channels on satellite radio. It's not a channel I will ever go back to.:disagree:

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
I like the channel. It's not one that I listen to everyday but the amount of unreleased material that they play is great and it's one of the reasons I originally signed up for Sirius (after years of having XM).

4 stars

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Surprised!

For WTD, I listened on the way to work. I have now had it on in my office the past hour. I am impressed with the various cuts. I will tune in from time to time in the future.

4 of 5 stars

EDIT: For the Howard fans, BA BA BOOEY will be a guest DJ This Friday at 4pm est. (Announcement between songs)

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
This would be a good spot for one of the XM Channels we are missing. I will join the Chorus of subscribers who simply dislike the single artist format. If we must have single artist channels (I can't imagine why), then let it be one channel with rotating artists. One star from me.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
How about rating the channel instead of explainig why it should not be there. I gave it a listen and then rated it accordingly.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
To me, E Street Radio is the equivalent of this smilie...:deadhorse:

How long will they keep this channel around?!?

I appreciate all of you who made the effort to give it a listen anyway. This was my first real listen as well. I like the Boss, think he's cool, puts on a great concert (New Orleans 2001), but all the songs I like I hear on Rewind and Deep Tracks. Make it stop please, and give this bandwidth to The Groove or The Village.

Impressive programming though, I like that they have all the guest DJ's and even allow fans the chance to DJ.

My favorite songs here... Spirit in the Night, Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, and Thunder Road.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
E Street Radio is blocked on my radio, just as is the case with any channel I don't like. I figure that if I don't like that type of programming, it's a lot easier to block it than it is to scroll past it.

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
Seems like a good place to put Pop2k. Channel 10. Next year they will need to add another decades channel.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I finally listened to E Street Radio. I thought it was ok. Some concerts and unique songs. For sure, I could not listen 24/7. I don't anyone could constantly listen to the same artist, even one's favorite. But it was a good listen for an hour or two. I think a lot of these channels are designed that the average listener is on for an hour during the day.

If they could just mix in at least a few more other artists. Margaritaville is better.

:siriusdog:

Status
Not open for further replies.