WTD 2009 Week 18 - The Highway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The Highway plays today's new country, along with the biggest hits of the past 3-4 years. You'll hear the newest songs from today's country superstars and Nashville's emerging artists, way before they're heard anywhere else!

What we play: Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, George Strait.

ShortCuts
Fridays 6 pm ET
Rebroadcasts Saturdays 10 am ET, Sunday 6 pm ET and Mondays at 10 am ET
Get Nashville's hottest new music fast! Each week an artist joins us in-studio to share exclusive stories behind every song on their latest CD. From the songwriting to the recording studio, you’ll go deep inside one of Nashville’s hottest new CDs with the artist themselves as your VIP Tour Guide!

Driver's Ed
Thursdays at 3 pm ET
Rebroadcast Thursdays at 9 am ET and Sundays Noon ET
Get to know the "rookie drivers" on The Highway as we introduce you to the new talent coming out of Music City and put them to the ultimate test - a studio performance! This is a required course for all new artists hoping to join Nashville's next generation of country superstars!

Traffic Report
Wednesdays at Noon ET
Rebroadcasts: Saturdays at 9 am ET and Sundays at 9 pm ET
It’s a 50 mile journey through the hottest country songs of the week, counted down from 50 to 1!

Channel 16 on XM, 60 on Sirius.

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

channel-60.gif

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I am not into the newer country music scene. I am mostly into the 70's, 80's and early 90's versions.

It was an OK listen though.

3 of 5 stars.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Not my thing at all. I'm sorry but one star is all I can muster.:eek:
I'm with you there. I can't stand Country music. No amount of listening is going to change my mind, but I tuned in for awhile anyway. I won't be returning to The Highway.

:icon_eek:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Good channel with a decent mix. I like just about all country music, but only in small doses...:shock:

I give it 3 out of 5 Stars...:)

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
It's kind of like Pop2k for Country, where they play too much of the current hits, and not enough of the past 9 years. That's my only complaint. Other than that, you have Jon Anthony running it, some great djs, lots of great specialty shows, and plenty of interviews. I personally stopped listening to the channel after Darius Rucker came, but I kind of wish more channels were like this one:bigthumbup:

4.5 stars... rounded to 5

Status
Not open for further replies.