WTD 2009 Week 17 - The Spectrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008

The Spectrum plays guitar-based, adult rock built around artists who've maintained credibility even as they've achieved success and newer artists who are making future classics today. Musically balanced between older and newer songs, you'll hear artists like Dave Matthews, U2, Neil Young, Jack Johnson, Sheryl Crow, and new artists who've yet to make it big.

Genres

* Adult Alternative
* Adult Album Rock
* Acoustic Rock
* Diaper Changing Rock

Artists You'll Hear

* U2
* Dave Matthews
* Jack Johnson
* REM
* Tom Petty
* Coldplay
* Wilco
* Neil Young
* Counting Crows
* Ryan Adams

Sirius Channel 18/XM Channel 45

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:wave:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
This is one of the channels I enjoy to listen to when I just want to relax and listen to some good music. Some of the songs I've heard, some I haven't. For the most part, they playlist is good and the rotation not bad.

I love to listen to NordicRox, when I remember to listen. They used to play older music from Sweden, but now, unless it's ABBA or Roxette, they play mostly new music...:)

4 out of 5 Stars...:cool:

wpicha

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland, OH
This used to be my #1 preset, but the repeats became too much for me.
I still listen to it to keep up on new releases, but I only listen for 1 or 2 days every couple of weeks. I've begun recording their Baker's Dozen countdown show to catch the new music.
Now I spend most of my time on Deep Tracks and Underground Garage.

I do fill out the surveys they send me, and each time I mention they should play more tracks from new releases instead of just the current "single" over and over.

I gave it 3 stars because I really like the concept of this station, but like most of the stations the playlist is too shallow.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I am listening for the first time and enjoying the channel while at work. I like the mix of familiar and unfamiliar music.

4 of 5 stars :flex:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
A preset of mine since the beginning, but I rarely ever listen. I guess this would be a good channel to put on more if I wanted to introduce myself to some newer rock songs. But I'm not into the Dave Mathews and Jack Johnson kind of music. So, I'll probably only keep this one on when they are playing the Beatles or Neil Young.

I'm ashamed to say that I've never tuned into Nordic Rox. I'll get around to it one of these weeks.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I'm ashamed to say that I've never tuned into Nordic Rox. I'll get around to it one of these weeks.

I will have to check this out.

Nordic Rox
From the sparkling melodies of ABBA to the psychedelic rock of The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Scandinavia has always been at the forefront of popular music. Created by Roxette guitarist Per Gessle, journalist Sven Lindstrom and featuring Howlin' Pelle Almqvist of The Hives, Nordic Rox is the place to explore the breadth and depth of music from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=45

It looks as though this is on 8pm-11pm est on Saturday and Sunday's.

Wednesday's: 11pm to midnight est.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
It's a good station, a little too mixed bag, but it has some great songs. 4 stars...

JayDizz

Jan 3, 2009
I like this channel. Definitely some cool songs here and it's a pretty good mix of older and newer stuff. It's been a preset since day one. I give it four stars.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
This channel is alright. Not all of the songs they play are my kind of music, but it's definitely worth a preset on stream_ON.

I've been meaning to listen to Nordic Rox for the longest time, but I have never put some time aside to try it out, I will definitely do so now that it's on the presets.

3 stars

Status
Not open for further replies.