WTD 2009 Week 13 - The Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Hits without hype for Adults spanning from the ‘70s-00s with a few of Today's Artists.*

Artists You'll Hear

* Elton John
* Billy Joel
* Carrie Underwood
* Lifehouse

Sirius Channel 2/XM Channel 25

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:)
theblend.gif

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I tuned to this channel when it was first added to the Sirius lineup. I am 21, so a lot of this stuff isn't really geared towards 'me', but I enjoy putting this station on during the afternoon if I'm just trying to waste time. I hear a lot of music I wouldn't subject myself to, and from what I hear, there isn't a lot of repeats in the time I listen. Will continue to listen. I give it 4 stars, since it seems to balance the differen't artists pretty well (I may be way off base here, people who enjoy this music more may not see it the same)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This station used to be one of my favourites. It used to play primarly 70s and 80s AC with some 90s and the occassional now song put in. About 1.5 years ago, XM tuned this station. They made it more like Flight 26 with heavier enphasis on now hits (read: crap). While my TuneSelect would occasionally take me to this station, I could no longer listen to it for any great length of time. The station has not improved since the merger.

I would like to see them ditch this station entirely and bring back Moving Easy. I am going to give it 1 star.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I would like to see them ditch this station entirely and bring back Moving Easy.
I'm all for that!

Honestly though, I haven't missed Movin' Easy nearly as much as I expected to, because of the combination of The Blend and the much improved Sirius XM Love channel. I probably listen to Love 60/40 over this one.

I find myself alternately loving The Blend and hating it, depending on the song that is playing. I like when they are playing Hall & Oates or something I grew up with. I'm not too crazy about it when they are playing The Fray, or whatever the kiddies are listening to nowadays. ;)

All things considered, I find The Blend a nice improvement over Starlite. A strong "B" preset for me.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I have always tuned to this music channel off and on since I became a subscriber. It is nowhere near the BRIDGE but will be somewhat a replacement for it when Paul M. takes it over for a month.

3 of 5 stars

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I like this channel. They play a great mix of songs that I know from the past four decades...:)

I give it 4 out of 5 Stars...:D

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
Movin' Easy was better IMO. I emailed The Blend requesting that they consider expanding their play list to include many of the songs on Movin' Easy but, never got a reply. Typical.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I have been listening off and on for a few songs at a time all week. Some of the older stuff is pretty corny, but overall it wasn't too bad. Four stars for keeping me coming back and maybe making a preset.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Another decent channel... Like Lithium, it's not preset-worthy but I will visit this channel again when I feel like listening to something outside of my presets.

*** [Average]

As others have said, I would rather have Movin' Easy instead of this channel.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
This is the station that I used to hear all the time while in waiting rooms or in restaurants. A bit too FMy to me, but it played John Mayer 4 times in 6 hours, so that's a plus.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
One of my presets and I do indeed like the mix. It has one of the larger playlist as it should.

I give it 5 stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.