WTD 2009 Week 11 - Faction

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008

Where heelflips, handplants, half-pipes and hard rock join hip-hop and the biggest names in skateboarding, surfing, freestyle skiing and more. Faction is the music that defines the action sports lifestyle. Hear exclusive shows from Tony Hawk, Bam Margera and more.

What we play: System of a Down, Offspring, NOFX, Metallica, 50 Cent, Green Day, Beastie Boys, AFI, Korn, Snoop Dogg, My Chemical Romance and Sex Pistols.

Genres: Punk Rock, Hard Rock, Hip-Hop

Artists You'll Hear

* Offspring
* Korn
* Ramones
* Linkin Park
* Pennywise
* Disturbed
* Dr. Dre
* Green Day
* Beastie Boys
* Metallica

Sirius Channel 28/XM Channel 52

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Great channel! I listen to this one most of the time, however I do think the regular playlist needs to be expanded big-time. I especially love the Jason Ellis show and Marky Ramone's Punk Rock Blitzkrieg.

4 stars due to limited regular playlist

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good station. I listen in every week or two. I need to get it on a preset again so I remember to tune in more often.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I hate the music since it it leans more to the harder stuff, but if they went punk, with some of the others mixed in, then it'd be great. As/Is, Ellis is the only great thing on that channel. Ellis = Awesome

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Tried it, and I didn't really care for it... Oh well, there's still other stations out there that I have yet to try.

RyanSirius

Oct 11, 2008
I actually like this channel, and all of its personalities. I'm glad it survived the merger. Can't find anything like this on FM

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I rank Faction, along with Hard Attack (now Liquid Metal) and Jam_On as my absolute least favorite channels in the rock category. I'd prefer a pure punk channel to this one.

The Jason Ellis show is not what I expected... :icon_eek:
I realize he is a skateboarder, but they don't seem to play much music during his show. It is on a music channel after all?

1*

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I finally remembered to tune in for a few hours today.
It was pretty decent. It'll go into one of my empty presets.

I had to switch channels after the Jason Ellis show came on though. Too much talk going on to pay attention to while I was working. Must have tunes.

fineware

Nov 8, 2008
Remington, VA
I listened to Faction full time before the Punk Channel started, and then on/off after the Punk Channel morphed into AC/DC-Oblivion. I like the combination of Punk and Hip-Hop, but have to be in the mood for it. I also prefer the music over Ellis. He's funny at times but is a little sophomoric for someone nearing his 40's...

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
I like the range of music available on the channel, and Ellis is a plus for the channel for me, even though I don't know how well the talk/music format mixes (but it's better then commercial breaks).

It's definitely not the pure punk station that people want to see.

Don't care much for the other DJs talent that I've heard so far on the channel besides Ellis (only a couple bam and other shows).

I'm a big talk radio listener, so 101/100 are my first presets, this is #3 on the list.

Reactions: Aaron

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
Sounds: New punk, Nu rock, some rap

Positives: The presentation of the channel is very high energy as it should be since it's to serve the action sports community. It's got some good new punk. The celebrity talkshows on this channel (Bam Margera and Tony Hawk, even Jason Ellis to a certain extent) are the highlights of the channel

Negatives: This isn't a talk channel. Old punk is forgotten, new punk is repeated too often, nu rock selections are already heard on Octane, and they don't have hardly any rap anymore

Blastability: Medium to high, depending on if it's music or talk

Overall: Suggestions for Sirius XM: Change this channel back to Fungus with old and new punk. You COULD leave the talkshows because they still fit the attitude. Or move those shows to a talk station like Stars Too which is a male-oriented talk station

Wolf

Rainbow Sherbet WILL ALWAYS BE ICE CREAM!
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
Use to be one of my presets had to make room for another channel, but I still enjoy the channel once in a while. To me it another Octane channel, so I give it a 3 stars.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
It's one of my presets simple because of Ellis. It makes my commute to class in the afternoons worth it.

****... just for Ellis.

I like the Ellis show. Today, a trucker called in and was making fun of a small town he was driving through.....ELLIS Kansas. So far, he has had three callers from that town. :eek:

I do like the music for a good pick me up.

4 of 5 stars

Status
Not open for further replies.