WTD 2009 Week 10 - The Groove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
*XM Only*

The best in R&B, Funk, and Party Grooves from the 70's and 80's. Disco of the 70's, funked-out jams of the 80's.

Artists You'll Hear: Stevie Wonder, Rufus & Chaka Khan, Michael Jackson, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Earth Wind & Fire, Kool & The Gang, Rick James

XM channel 64

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

64.jpg

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
This sounds like a channel I probably could listen to for a little while. I enjoy some classic R&B music of Earth Wind & Fire, Kool & The Gang and Stevie Wonder. So I can't rate this channel.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
It's a decent channel. Certainly not worth an XM subscription, though.

There are tons of other free Internet channels out there that are free and pretty much have the exact same playlist. You could probably do it yourself, with one of those Slackers.

*** (Average)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I had not listened to the channel for awhile and decided to give it a listen because of this thread.

Wow, I am liking it very much with the 1970's feel and a little dose of 1980's once in awhile. The DJ chatter could reduce a little but I can live with that. I will listen more often.

Party City was great but The Groove would have been a good channel to play New Years Eve. In a way, it's a "feel good" channel.

4 Stars

JayDizz

Jan 3, 2009
This is one that I hoped would make it over to Sirius after the merger....Bummer.

I had XM in a rental car over the summer and listened to The Groove a lot. Dug it.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
No music of this type on Sirius, they left the Groove off the Sirius list- what a shame!!! STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!! late 70s and 80s soul jams, great music- but not to be heard on Sirius- just XM..grrrrr:mad:

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
So I turned on my XM receiver to listen this station and realized that this was one of many channels I had put on channel skip. I never gave it a chance. I also tuned in on line. I liked it. Some songs I recognized. Some I have not. Very fun upbeat. A little Strobe "ish" A little bit Pop "ish". I will make it a preset on my xm on-line player, as along as it continues to be free, together with Upop and the Spa. :cool:

:siriusdog:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Great channel. I spent most of yesterday listening to it. Great songs. It is a shame that the people with Sirius Subscriptions can't listen to this one...:worried:

I give it 5 out of 5 Stars...:D

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Nice listening for a Saturday night. Either the Groove or Strobe, I wish they still would have kept the dance mix party show but hey or the Safety Dance on 1st Wave.

:siriusdog:

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
Sounds: Funk, disco, new R&B

Positives: This channel definitely fits the funk requirements that people have been asking for for a long time

Negatives: I had to look back to my old journal entry when I did "XM Bootcamp" back in 2004 to confirm this one:

Sounds: Modern R&B, Classic R&B
Overall: Drop the modern R&B! There's another channel for that!

Unfortunately XM decided to go in the other direction and I hear no classic R&B on here

Blastability: Medium to high depending on whether it's some good funk or a new R&B or disco tune

Overall: Thanks for the funk, but work on the classic R&B

Status
Not open for further replies.