WTD 2008 Week 5 - Sirius Hits 1 (Sirius Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
SIRIUS Hits 1 gives you the best new music first and all the hits you know and love from Nickelback, Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Rihanna, Fall Out Boy and more. Every hour we highlight some new music we think you should be keeping your ear out for on SIRIUS Hits 1, where you'll always hear the best new music first! Check out what's poppin' this week.

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:)

siriushits1.gif

Last edited:

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
First time listener to Sirius Hits 1 and well I guess it was ok. The jingles are similiar to a local Top 20 Pop station. Probably the music too. I miss UPop. Which I guess is only available on xm's online service. I would listen to that more.

:siriusdog:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I enjoy this channel, one of my presets and I listen to it for about an hour or two a week.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I like this channel, but there is far too much repetition on this channel. I know that it plays the more requested song over and over, but they play a lot of stuff that's three or four years old, too. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, but they play them from the same artists that they are playing new stuff now.

Adding dumb stuff to the group name/title of the song is kinda dumb, too. If it's ear poppin, fine. I'll be the judge of that.

The Morning Mash Up crew is ok. Maybe too may people. They should just have two people and that's it. I think I heard four this morning. That's a zoo, not a mash...:shock:

Play a wider variety of new songs with less repetition, and I'll like this channel more. Three out of five stars...:)

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
It would be so easy for me to trash this music, and say it's not as good as the music I like from the 60's - 80's. But, I won't do that... I'll leave that job to others. :icon_wink:

Some of what I heard here was not so bad, but I won't be making this a preset any time soon.

flguy

Nov 15, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Has been one of my presets from the start, however after the channel merger, Pop2k has started to compete for my hit music listening time, as it has a lot deeper of a playlist.

A couple of improvements are less repetition of tracks (and the weekend countdown on the weekends).

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I like to record the top 45 hits every Saturday and play it back during the week. The repeats are too bad and the Morning Mash is entertaining.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm shifting between Hits 1 and BPM right now (giving them one more chance)... I'll let you know how it goes in a bit.

EDIT: Yeah, I was pretty much right about this one in the first place. Moving on to BPM...

Last edited:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
While their countdown show is good, their playlist and format is no different from an FM-styled station. And then I hate that awful & brainless Morning Mash-Up Crew. :bigahh:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I'll take Pop2K over Hits 1 anytime. This channel has grown so stale that as far as I am concern someone can stick a fork in it, because it is done!

Road Hog

Nov 9, 2008
Massachusetts
Where's the variety?

It seems that when I listened, the types of songs played were heavilly weighted towards the pseudo-rock bands like Nickelback, Linkin Park or Hinder. So much of it sounds so similar. I would like to see the top-40 channel be a little more broad in the song selection.

Personally, I think those kinds of rock bands are pretty lame. There are maybe one or two Nickelback songs I like, but I'm not a huge fan. I don't know if this channel is what I would find on my local FM top-40 channel, but I would expect more variety in the types of songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.