WTD 2008 Week 5 - bpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
BPM is song driven (not Artist) and plays the latest Dance hits, from the clubs and crossover Pop-Dance remixes. The channel features the world's biggest DJs and is Current based, however the few Gold songs that rotate are essential.

Genres: Dance-Pop, Hi-NRG, Club/Dance, Euro-Dance, Teen Pop

Artists You'll Hear

* Tiesto
* Cascada
* Armin Van Buuren
* Justin Timberlake
* Kaskade
* David Guetta
* Madonna

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:)

bpm.gif

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
My subwoofer in my car goes crazy to this channel, quite of some good songs. But I probably wouldn't listen to bpm much!

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
Sounds: New dance music that's already a hit or is destined for hit status, classic dance hits mostly from the late 90s to early 2000s

Positives: The first channel I ever listened (for a straight year!) to when I got XM in 2002 still has a great (just new) playlist. The only thing that was missing from the channel back then was a more hyped up, energetic delivery (which PDs were told by XM to keep it low key) and there are now a lot more bells and whistles thanks to the merger.

Negatives: Unfortunately something that the channel kept that I've never been able to decide whether it's good or not is chopped versions of all their songs; that is, the leader and outro beat parts on the songs usually used to sync them up so they can live mix with other songs have been removed causing an abrupt transition from one song to the next (sometimes seamlessly if the songs have the same beat or they throw a station ID right between the songs to mask any rough edges and sometimes just god awful and awkward), obviously so they can keep the channel moving and play as many songs as possible. This genre kinda lends to repetition on its own too (even though I didn't hear any repeat songs), as I did notice most songs followed the except same beats per minute and had the same staticy beat that I've even been noticing in most of the songs on a syndicated dance show PARTY FM broadcasts.

Blastability: Very high. Shakin mah ass!

Overall: Don't get me wrong with all my negatives, as soon I turned the channel on, great memories of my first moments of XM came flooding back, and I didn't want to turn the channel off! I think it's going back on my presets (used to be preset 2 after UPOP before O&A came along in 2004 :))

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Probably the only time I listen to dance channels (except for when the Strobe is around) is during Walk the Dog. If I remember correctly, a lot of folks were leaving Sirius due to XM having better dance channels, specifically bpm. I'd like to say I can tell the difference, but I'll just take your word for it, that bpm is a better channel than what we had before. My .02 :cool:

flguy

Nov 15, 2008
Gainesville, FL
I am glad BPM is in WTD so quickly!!! As you can probably tell from my avatar, BPM is my favorite channel. I am from the Sirius side, so I had to put up with The Beat for my dance music up until the merger and at the end, it was getting pretty desperate. They would play Kaskade and Deadmau5's Move for Me and September's Cry for You probably 15-20 times a day (at least it seemed). On November 12, it felt like the channel was liberated.

I love the much needed deeper playlists and the additions of Air BPM and Addiction mixes (however am a little upset that this has been moved to 11pm EDT). Hopefully Sirius will keep BPM as it was with XM!

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Gave it an hour, didn't really care for it. It looks like this is the first week of WTD that I don't add a preset. I'm looking forward to Week 6 and trying out Radio Hanukkah on Dec. 21st to see what it's like.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Will listen tonite for an hour or so, but I gave it a listen when it first arrived at Sirius, and loved it. Air BPM was what I listened to, and I thought it was a great show for the weekends. Much improved over The beat, which seemed to lack a lot whenever I tried to get into it.
Will be listening to this station more.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I like this channel. They play some really good dance tunes, & I really don't listen to dance music...:)

The selection is great, but they really need to re-think playing a dance song that has "Welcome To the Jungle" by GNR in it...:shock:

No DJs from what I can tell. I listened durning off hours. Friday morning from about 2am to 7am. I need to listen durning party hours and see what the mix is like. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Overall, I give this channel 4 out of 5 Stars (when I get the chance to get on my computer). Get ride of the GNR mix & you'll get your 5th Star...:D
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm giving this channel another chance right now. I'll let you know if my opinions have changed before Week 6 starts up later today.

EDIT: My experience was better this time, I'm giving an extra star and a half. Sometimes I had to tune to a different channel, but for the most part it was listenable. It'll make the preset along with the other channels that I tune to when I feel like to something 'different'.

Last edited:

Road Hog

Nov 9, 2008
Massachusetts
not my style of music, but I can see why people like it.I did hear a few of the mash-ups I used to like on Boombox (which was a preset of mine), so that was good.* Is that a new addition to this channel after the merger?

Status
Not open for further replies.