Wow. How god damn lazy is the tapes team? Mammary Lane repeat 8-24-09

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
I know the tapes team puts a lot of effort into the History of Howard Stern but do they really have to forget about everything else???

Apparently all this week will be repeats of Mammary Lane from August 07. Is it really that hard to put together a ML????? I'm pretty sure I could have 4 days of ML done in an hour.

:bigahh:

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
George has been on enough now that they could re-run some of the weeks he's been on. Everybody likes George. I missed his last week. Stiletto erased them before I could listen.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Agreed. Well, it's not like there isn't other stuff to delve into. What about the health care reform debate, that should be some riveting audio entertainment this week.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I'm just sort of looking at what played and I figured it was a familiar. Now last year did they still give us at least five days of already aired specials, or was that when they started to do four days and compile the "Best of" for Friday?

I like the fact that in the intro it's an ongong series so send your requests....those requests will be IGNORED!

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
I'm just sort of looking at what played and I figured it was a familiar. Now last year did they still give us at least five days of already aired specials, or was that when they started to do four days and compile the "Best of" for Friday?

I like the fact that in the intro it's an ongong series so send your requests....those requests will be IGNORED!

If they weren't doing Best Of The Week on Fridays back then, they were doing Mastertape Theatre.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I agree.

I'd rather hear the shows from the week of 1-9-06.

Why not an "important dates" special?

Monday - First fine. Play the build-up to the event, the actual event, and any aftermath.

Tuesday - First week at K-Rock. It would probably have to be the first week, since he played music back then. Edit out the music and you're good.

Wednesday - Highlights from the last week on terrestrial, including the entire last show.

Thursday - The entire 1/9/06 show, plus highlights from the first week.

Friday - Yawn.

Another special week could be the last week on terrestrial.
Another special week could be the first week on satellite.
Another special week could be the History of Howard...based on last year, this is probably actually two weeks.

So that's 4-5 weeks of different shows right there.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I have a few thoughts on this.

First off, I've given up listen to THSS over the summer. Once you come to that conclusion, you're opened up to the whole entire Sirius|XM universe of other programming. I just figure, "Fuck it. I'm sure it's either repeats or ML or BoHS or some other repetitive shit." That was probably the best decision I've ever made. I also think I'm outgrowing the show slowly but surely.

Secondly, ask yourselves the question, "WHY are they not programming other material and replaying old stuff?" There has to be a reason. I'm guessing they'll eventually make available all of the tapes for purchase or something... I figure HS isn't a dumb guy and has some sort of money making scheme planned for those tapes.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
I'd rather hear the shows from the week of 1-9-06.

Me too. And also the last week or so at K-Rock. I'd like to hear all the ideas that were discussed amongst the crew that were about to be unleashed on their now-paying fans. The shows from their homes, the odd-hours shows, the road trips (including the cross-country Sirius promotion). All those great "notebook" ideas, and ideas the primate was told to write down to be used at "eh eh eh."

Out of all the promises, how many came to see the light of day? - 0.0. Hell, after Howard's first balloon bonus and the stock pump and dump, the show has been at best in neutural - and coasting downhill (sort of like the SIRI stock pattern) :)

Whoever gave Howard the $1000 pen he wrote the ideas with must have filled it with dissappearing ink first. Cruel trick to play on the carnival barker.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think they've played one show from 2005 on Master Tape. I think if they did play any show from that summer on towards their last day you would hear the broken promises, the off base predictions and the lost verve and energy of a man and his ideals, it could only be embarrassing to Howard at this point.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I don't think they've played one show from 2005 on Master Tape. I think if they did play any show from that summer on towards their last day you would hear the broken promises, the off base predictions and the lost verve and energy of a man and his ideals, it could only be embarrassing to Howard at this point.

In his defense, "the notebook of ideas" could be things like Bubba, the 7 PM shows, etc. Just because he never mentioned an idea "from the notebook" doesn't mean he didn't use it.

Some people could apply "lost verve and energy...embarrasing to Howard" from the 80's into the 90's, the 90's into now, etc. There were a lot of people who couldn't hear the 2004/2005 stuff because of all the fears brought on by the FCC. I bet we'll hear that stuff when History of Howard mentions it.

We also probably won't hear a lot of shows from 2001-2002 era because of his post-9/11 opinion of Bush. He did mention how hearing those tapes made him queasy.