Would retentions make this deal?

Doug Wilson

Dec 7, 2008
I am not usually one to try and scam retentions to save a few bucks, but I am going to have to cancel either way since I am going overseas shortly and my present Sirius subscription expires mid-July.

I had intended to switch to XM upon my return, but if I asked retentions for a lifetime subscription including the Best of XM for the price of the regular Sirius lifetime subscription do you think they would go for it?

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I had intended to switch to XM upon my return, but if I asked retentions for a lifetime subscription including the Best of XM for the price of the regular Sirius lifetime subscription do you think they would go for it?

For a mere 100$, you would let go of Sirius during your oversees stay? Really? The free online listening of Sirius + BoXM lifetime is a very good deal, as it really is lifetime (you don't need equipment to listen). Unless it's too late for you to get that, of course (I don't know; I got my lifetime subscription over a year ago, when it automatically came with free online listening).

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
For a mere 100$, you would let go of Sirius during your oversees stay? Really? The free online listening of Sirius + BoXM lifetime is a very good deal, as it really is lifetime (you don't need equipment to listen). Unless it's too late for you to get that, of course (I don't know; I got my lifetime subscription over a year ago, when it automatically came with free online listening).

Internet radio is NOT included with any new lifetime subs. You would need to pay $2.99/mo.

Doug Wilson

Dec 7, 2008
They didn't offer anything worthwhile, I will just have to see what XM is offering when I return to civilization.