Would it upset you if they got rid of Howard 100 News?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I think they need to do away with it. This week is proof they aren't willing to do real news coverage.

Artie gets all the protection he needs while High Pitch Eric gets massive coverage. Who cares if his mother left him out of his will. Leave the man alone. The news is alienating all these Wackpackers who have contributed for years to the show.

Main one is Captain Janks. He might be a scum bag but he was covered in the news every day for a year non-stop.

At least an interview with Artie's mother or something. I don't know anyone who's dying to hear the next chapter of High Pitch saga.

Plus think of all the money Howie could save. Could buy him a few more chimneys.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I like H100 News for what it is - a parody of a "real" news team that covers the world of HS. I don't think you should be expecting real investigative journalism on subjects that Howard has told them to avoid (like Artie most likely). It's just a goof and a fun way to keep us updated on stuff related to the show. Having said that, I think Steve Langford goes over the edge and really can hurt peoples lives just as he has done with Janks. That sort of intrusive behavior can only cause people to clam up. Just look at how Robin will not talk about her boyfriend. That is probably because of how Steve latched onto her and Jim until they split up. So I think they should keep H100 news, but keep it fun and don't harass people to the point where they stop being open (or go to jail...).

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
I think they need to do away with it. This week is proof they aren't willing to do real news coverage.

Artie gets all the protection he needs while High Pitch Eric gets massive coverage. Who cares if his mother left him out of his will. Leave the man alone. The news is alienating all these Wackpackers who have contributed for years to the show.

Main one is Captain Janks. He might be a scum bag but he was covered in the news every day for a year non-stop.

At least an interview with Artie's mother or something. I don't know anyone who's dying to hear the next chapter of High Pitch saga.

Plus think of all the money Howie could save. Could buy him a few more chimneys.

No, H100 News should do a investigative report on who really wrote Beth's book. :rolleyes:

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
H100 News has kind of run its course at this point. I think once Howard started interfering with what was getting covered ("Don't report on the jewelry I give to Beth,") it started to unravel. Shuli is sometimes funny with his style of reporting, but in terms of what any of them cover, it's enough. And, yes, again, to not cover Artie in some way is a total fail.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
H100 News has kind of run its course at this point. I think once Howard started interfering with what was getting covered ("Don't report on the jewelry I give to Beth,") it started to unravel. Shuli is sometimes funny with his style of reporting, but in terms of what any of them cover, it's enough. And, yes, again, to not cover Artie in some way is a total fail.

This thread is interesting as it stirs up thought about Howard and how he is running the show now. H100 News has no issue destroying any of the shows riff raft but will never peek under the covers of the shows stars. It’s ok to rip others to shreds but we can’t talk about anything related to Howard, his family, his old family, etc. Howard expresses his maturity and age more these days when commenting about situations like this morning’s discussion about the Johnson & Johnson heiress Casey Johnson and then acts like a spoiled 4 year old when talking about Rush Limbaugh or some other perceived enemy.

In the past, he would stay fairly on track with the 4 year old approach to the show, now when he presents both faces on the show, they both seem disingenuous and at odds with each other. It’s like he is stepping though a door but hasn’t completely gone thru it yet. A mature Howard would still be an interesting host for the show.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
I like it, but keep in mind they ONLY report on Howard and the wack packers and the guests that participate in the show.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Nope, I wouldn't care. See ya later, Penny Crone.... erm....

They're worthless.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It's a waste of time. Get back to the damn show.
Their entertainment hit rate is about 1 out of 4.

Without the news, they could probably start the replay quite a bit closer to 12 PM ET. They could also include a wrap-up show and have the second replay start at 6 PM. Getting rid of the news -would- make the replay times a little more predictable.

"Week in Review" appears to airs at the following times.
Friday:
6 AM ET - 101
7 PM PT - 101

Sunday:
6 AM ET - 100
11 PM ET - 101

What could they fill that schedule with? Replays of the 1 hour stuff? Perhaps they could sneak in another airing of the BTLS Friday live show?

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I think a dedicated news show is overkill. I enjoy the short news bites during breaks. I also like when they come in the studio because they often start some really good discussions.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
What could they fill that schedule with?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I'm finally listening to the Wrap Up show.

At one point High Pitch Eric calls in and tells Steve Langford to leave him alone. Steve replies, "We don't take requests."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Is that why they're so busy covering Howard or Artie.

What a joke.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'm finally listening to the Wrap Up show.

At one point High Pitch Eric calls in and tells Steve Langford to leave him alone. Steve replies, "We don't take requests."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Is that why they're so busy covering Howard or Artie.

What a joke.

Well the news is a joke but it would have been funny if High Pitch would have been smart enough to reply with what you just said.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I like it, but keep in mind they ONLY report on Howard and the wack packers and the guests that participate in the show.

GTFOH, when was the last time they reported on howard???

my last recollection is back in 2006 when lisa g reported on how much he spent on a necklace for beth.

after that, H100 news was castrated and therefore useless, cuz they will NOT report on the really relevant stories. I mean personally, I dont find joey bootz stories that captivating.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
GTFOH, when was the last time they reported on howard???

my last recollection is back in 2006 when lisa g reported on how much he spent on a necklace for beth.

after that, H100 news was castrated and therefore useless, cuz they will NOT report on the really relevant stories. I mean personally, I dont find joey bootz stories that captivating.

Exactly right. They should change their name to Wack Pack News.