Would Howard Stern ever apologize for jokes?

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
Dave is most likely gonna grovel and beg for forgiveness. Would Howard ever do that? No. I'd love to see Dave just say 'fuck you' to the right wingers. Tell them the jokes might have been in bad taste. But for Sarah Palin to accuse him of pedophilia, is some sick twisted shit.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Stern apologized in Spanish for the Selena incident.

Whether it was a real apology or sarcasm, someone else will have to post that.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Here's the equation to determine if HS will apologize for anything:

If x = Base Pay
If y = Earned listeners/ratings
If a = Lost Sponsors
If b = Sirius management response....

If x is affected (like Imus), he'll offer apology.

If a or y < than before joke, he'll apologize.

If b response positive, no apology.
If b response negative, apology.

It all comes down to the money, essentially.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I think with Howard being on Sirius, he really is under the radar when it comes to saying offensive stuff. Sadly, Letterman is really in the spotlight and isn't. It's fucked that he apologized because now the right is going nuts (and frankly they've been frothing at the mouth at Letterman since he won't make offensive black jokes about Obama...that pinko!). He should retract the apology as soon as possible!

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
But for Sarah Palin to accuse him of pedophilia, is some sick twisted shit.

The idea that you are giving Sarah Palin the mentally insane retard from the north any credit at all is what's bothering me.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Howard doesn't seem to outright apologize much. However during a lot of the specials he seems to have a lot of regret for being so mean and offensive towards a number of people from the past, like Rosie, Chevy Chase, maybe even Debella.

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
Oh, and as a reminder try to keep this thread topic off political stuff. FYI.

She just happens to be a politician who accused Dave of being a pedophile. Hard to keep the subject off politics when it involves a politician. If Barack Obama accuses him of the same thing, he'll get the same treatment. It's being compared to the Don Imus 'nappy headed ho's' comment, which was covered extensively on the Stern show.
And, yes, to dignify her comments with a thread, is probably more than this subject deserves. But it's out there.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
She just happens to be a politician who accused Dave of being a pedophile. Hard to keep the subject off politics when it involves a politician. If Barack Obama accuses him of the same thing, he'll get the same treatment. It's being compared to the Don Imus 'nappy headed ho's' comment, which was covered extensively on the Stern show.
And, yes, to dignify her comments with a thread, is probably more than this subject deserves. But it's out there.

I like the topic, don't get me wrong. I just don't want it to get into political areas and specifics. :cool:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Howard would not apologize because he is usually very well researched and probably woudl have known that it wasn't the older daughter.

With that being said, DAVE SHOUDL not APOLOGIZE. Also, Dave and the rest of CBS are laughing so hard at this behind the scenes because you can't buy this kind of publicity. New Tonight Show host and this sotry breaks? This is great for Dave.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Palin will do ANYTHING to stay in the media spotlight. And I highly doubt stern would apologize for this, if he was on testi, he may....