worst HSS week ever

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
this week's stern shows are easily (for me) the worst ever. freakin' tootsie man and tourette's pete? holy mackerel! even sulu couldn't salvage it. let's hope somebody tries a little bit next week.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I think it's because Artie was out. Artie is the best and the only X factor nowadays. He's the only unpredictable and fun one on the show.

I don't know if it was the lack of guests or Howard trying to kill time any way he could. I mean he spent at least an hour yesterday on that Pete the Intern guy and then again today. How many times did he ask him "Would you date a girl without a leg? Would you date a girl with cancer?"

Holy shit that went on forever. Way to kill time Howie.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I can see the argument about killing time. But, I enjoyed the redux of both Ronnie and Pete. Kept me entertained.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I disagree. Some good stuff this week. I like when they beat up on eachother. So great.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
I was thinking the same thing as the show wrapped up today. Nothing seemed to work this week: Artie doesn't show up. Calls from/to ETM, Sheik go flat (Sheik + Blair saying he messed with little boys should have resulted in an explosion), skank of the month who hates sex and has an annoying voice. Seems like they just phoned it in this week.

Last edited:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I wish I liked Ellis but the guy is a massive douche to me.

Is O&A worth listening to? I've thought about getting the best of xm just to give them a try.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Yeah, Artie didn't show up at all. He texted Gary saying that he had a relapse of the cold or whatever it was during a plane ride.

However today Howard said he's heard some things about Artie but won't go into it because it's Artie's business.

No doubt fans have been calling with Artie sightings and then calling the show.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Yeah, Artie didn't show up at all. He texted Gary saying that he had a relapse of the cold or whatever it was during a plane ride.

However today Howard said he's heard some things about Artie but won't go into it because it's Artie's business.

No doubt fans have been calling with Artie sightings and then calling the show.

I hope they don't go into it. I love Artie and I love him on the show but I'm not usually a fan of his 'back at work after being sick' stories at the start of the show. I hope he's OK.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I think it was the best week ever... I mean shit, it was ONLY three days instead of the boring ass four....

/devil's advocate.
//bring on the apologists!!!

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I hope they don't go into it. I love Artie and I love him on the show but I'm not usually a fan of his 'back at work after being sick' stories at the start of the show. I hope he's OK.

I'm not either especially since it's all bullshit. Why waste an hour on something that EVERYONE knows is a lie.