worst draft choice ever....

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Football -- I'd agree with Ryan Leaf as worst draft choice ever.

In other sports, when you consider the context of who he was drafted ahead of... Sam Bowie.
Drafted ahead of Michael Jordan. :icon_eek:

Last edited:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
In other sports, when you consider the context of who he was drafted ahead of... Sam Bowie.
Drafted ahead of Michael Jordan. :icon_eek:

That 1984 draft is an interesting one, especially for Houston Rocket fans.

Consider this...Portland offered Houston their number 2 pick AND Clyde Drexler (who had already been in the league one year) for either Olajuwon or Ralph Sampson. Now think if the Rockets would have made that deal, sending Ralph Sampson to Portland. They would have had both Hakeem and Drexler on the same team, and they could have used the number 2 pick from Portland to draft Michael Jordan. Olajuwon, Drexler, and Jordan on the same team...wow, imagine that. We may have won upwards of ten championships!

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
That red headed pill popping dope dealing red head kid the Raider's drafted about 12 years ago or so.

That would be Todd Marenovich and yes, he was a horrible choice.

I don't really watch the drafts closely but I would say Ryan Leaf was horrible.

The Bengals really got screwed when they drafted Kijanna Carter. Great at Penn State, then injured in TWO training camps and never really played. A Bust by all counts.

builder_j

Dec 2, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Not that I enjoy throwing my team under the bus, but the Chiefs have had a few that qualify ( :confused: )

1986: Brian Jozwiak, T, West Virginia
1995: Trezelle Jankins, T, Michigan
2000: Sylvester Morris, WR, Jackson St.
2002: Ryan Sims, DT, North Carolina
2004: Junior Siavii, DT, Oregon (2nd round)

Just a sample...