World Soccer Daily

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Steven mentioned it on the show (being added to xm) but I missed the channel #.

bramweiser

Nov 10, 2008
Hi, Everyone,

I just happened to stop by DRC today and saw this thread...intriguing to me as both a soccer fan AND an XM subscriber.

However (and unless I'm missing something), WSD still doesn't air on XM EXCEPT for occasional partial replays after matches until a technician flips a switch to turn it off for us.

Does anyone have hard info about XMers like me getting a chance to hear WSD (and other shows from Sirius' Sports Play-by-Play channels that we currently don't get) regularly, along with CFL football, Wimbledon tennis (heard nothing yet about this) and the current NCAA Basketball Tournament?

Thanks,
Bram

bramweiser

Nov 10, 2008
So Premiership (EPL) play by play IS now on XM?

Kryptonite,

It's part of the "Best of Sirius" package...one game per timeslot, though some matches might overlap...but don't necessarily trust what the Website's schedule says in terms of channel assignment for game broadcasts...they aren't always accurate (i.e., might be on channel 102 instead of the website's 103).

Still hoping someone has insight into my question, please?

Thanks,
Bram

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Steven mentioned it on the show (being added to xm) but I missed the channel #.

"As of Monday April 27th, 2009, World Soccer Daily can be heard live on XM satellite radio channel 102. XM listeners -- tune in from your car, your home, or wherever you happen to enjoy your satellite radio."

bramweiser

Nov 10, 2008
"As of Monday April 27th, 2009, World Soccer Daily can be heard live on XM satellite radio channel 102. XM listeners -- tune in from your car, your home, or wherever you happen to enjoy your satellite radio."

Thank you, IronJabroni.

Yes, I did happen to see that note at the WorldSoccerDaily.com Website over this past weekend, and am looking forward to the XM broadcast becoming reality, but XM's Website was still quiet about this as of this morning, so here's hoping...

Thanks for following up...:)

Bram

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
No sweat, gotta spread the word to the 4 or 5 of us around here who may actually care...:candle:

bramweiser

Nov 10, 2008
No sweat, gotta spread the word to the 4 or 5 of us around here who may actually care...:candle:

I'm sure it's more than that, IronJabroni...in fact, if XM's Website ever got its act together and had consistent, accurate program information, and could become a trusted source for it, then more and more listeners would know where to look...and where/when to tune...for the shows they like (such as the soccer programs/matches that we enjoy).

In fact, if memory serves, the dedicated 2006 FIFA World Cup channel got boffo listenership and feedback for the high quality of work they did during that tournament...and, of course, XM didn't/couldn't follow up with a true English-language soccer channel after seeing that response.

Maybe 2010 will have another such channel, which will, at long last, spark such action on their part...to THAT, I'd gladly light a candle of my own (if my religion worked that way ;) )...

Thanks again,
Bram

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
This is great news for the XM people. Do they also play the EPL and Champions League games on the best of Sirius ?

bramweiser

Nov 10, 2008
This is great news for the XM people. Do they also play the EPL and Champions League games on the best of Sirius ?

Yes, Fergz99, the same games that air on Sirius would also air on XM's "Best of Sirius" package. However, good luck in being sure which channel they're on as there's often some discrepancy between a listing somewhere on XM's Website and the actual channel.

Still, it's within the 102-114 range, and usually tends to the lower end of that range.

Bram

pitchmas

Aug 18, 2009
Craig Waibel has a podcast now

Waibel, frequently heard on WSD, has a MLS based podcast of his own.
Interesting stuff.
pitch-pulse-itune-logo-144.jpg

He answers questions, and gives the listener direct access to MLS and footy in general. He also blogs on the site: Pitch Pulse with Craig Waibel - The Heartbeat of American Soccer
it is out on itunes.
Visit the site. I went there, clicke don the ask Waibs button (found that a bit odd, perhaps it is his nickname?) and he actually answered my question directly on podcast #4.
Cool stuff, even if it MLS.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
Today was the last day for the show.

Thank you to all of the Liverpool fans for forcing Steven to end the show. If you didn't like the show and didn't like the Steven fine, but now we have no football show in America.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
I'll miss Kenny...hope that guy somehow lands on his feet.

Up the Arse!!!

Last edited:

Dan G

World Soccer Daily is being re-branded as World Football Daily.

The show will be launching August 31, but will not be heard on SiriusXM. It will be a subscription based podcast.

There is a rumor that a new soccer show will be replacing WSD's old slot on SiriusXM starting on Monday.

Last edited:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
are they charging $ for a podcast starting Monday?

if so, not sure how this will change the core issue of threats from Liverpool supporters though

Dan G

are they charging $ for a podcast starting Monday?

if so, not sure how this will change the core issue of threats from Liverpool supporters though

I have not heard any prices for the podcast. Since it will be subscription based then they won't need advertisers, so Liverpool supporters can't go after WFD's sponsors.
That's who they were mainly targeting, so when sponsors back down funds dry up.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
yes I get it from a financial perspective but the loons can still threaten cohen, family, etc. for having a voice...in any event I'm happy to see them back

just watched the ustream...$9.95 per month for the podcast! optimistic I think

Last edited: