Working on tss podcast 4...need ideas

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
Anybody have anything they would like to hear about in the tss radio podcast v4?? Product review? Radio news? anything at all??? hit this thread up with your posts and we'll send you a free t shirt and shout you out on the podcast.

whoo hoo!

Rubra

Oct 23, 2008
Hi,
I would love to hear any news about any new hardware on the horizon. Maybe a review of the Mirge (and the opinions of XM vs Sirius SQ that this radio provides).

Thanks

sts103

Jan 6, 2009
Ottawa
Jimmy,

A couple of possible topics which would benefit from the unique perspective TSS Radio can provide:

1. Aftermarket Satellite Radio and integration with factory automotive audio
- The history of FM transmitters in receivers
- Sound quality compromises with FM
- Aftermarket options for better sound quality

2. The "generations" of Sirius Radios and what they mean for consumers
- which ones require 12 volts vs. 5 volts
- which ones can get "Best Of" programming
- advantages of plug and play receivers for multiple cars / boom boxes / home
- Different mounting adapters for different generations of receivers

3. The technology of satellite radio
- geo stationary and geo synchronous satellites
- terrestrial repeaters
- Antenna differences
- Mirge

4. Other satellite services
- Weather
- Traffic
- Sirius Back seat TV

5. The People Of Satellite Radio
- Who is behind the channels we listen to?
- Interviews of programmers who want to reach the listeners (like Cinemagic?? perhaps?)

As I write this, I realize you've probably already mapped these issues out and may have already covered some of them. In my experience however, I had to research these topics and found answers to many of the questions in places like this one (before podcasts). I think that podcasts will be an easy way to swallow the technology pill many people are reluctant to take to understand what satellite radio has to offer.

Good luck. We'll be listening, and encouraging those who have yet to discover satellite radio to listen too!