woot off! g1 @ 4:30pst for 55$

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I just had a 2gb given to me today by someone who I have given it to as gift and she upgraded to a G2 for the smaller size. She said, I could hand this down myself, but you've really turned so many of us on to this great service, so I wanted to give it back so you could share it with someone else.

Lets see they did the woot and then woot off on the 2gb G1, then the 8gb, now we are cleaning out the 4gb model.

Go Slacker! :)

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
Meh, you can find a similar if not better price on eBay. Still it is/was a pretty good Woot.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Sold out!

Wow another sell out, I am really glad to see that they have been able to sell all these. I've played with the one I got back today and the G1 really isn't nearly as bad as folks make it out to be sometimes.

I like it! However, I did not woot this time! :)

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
8GB on woot now 70$

G1 8 GB for 75 shipped.

Hurry!:smug:

2:53 pm westcoast.

Sold out 3:36 pm

Total woots: 150

. now where is my bag o crap?

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
LOL, the must have found another box or two of these on a shelf in the warehouse. Hmmm, I wonder what those two boxes up there are? Holly Shit two full boxes of G2 8gb.... WOOT OFF.. hands slapping together!

hehehe

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
G1 8 GB for 75 shipped.

Hurry!:smug:

2:53 pm westcoast.

Sold out 3:36 pm

Total woots: 150

. now where is my bag o crap?

B O C was right after this woot and I missed it because I thought the G1 would last a while, all I got was the monkey and lights, 2 days wasted :bigcry:

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
B O C was right after this woot and I missed it because I thought the G1 would last a while, all I got was the monkey and lights, 2 days wasted :bigcry:
I got server down as usual.:no:

Im really over woot, the deals used to be so much better, and the servers always crash when actual deals show up.

So many hackers have written scripts to auto buy BOC its basically pointless to even try anymore.:(

sirthurston

Feb 23, 2009
I also posted this over on the Slacker forum!

I got an 8 gig on 2/6/09 from Woot and love it. I removed all but one station and refreshed and updated the firmware then loaded 12 stations and have had NO issues so far I am using it every day.

I like it so much I Wooted 4 more during the last Woot-off 2 4 gb and 2 more 8 gb G1's.

I'm going to gift the 4 gb units to my brother and mother.

I really like the size of the G1's screen it displays album art nicely and the text is very easy to read. I have no interest in the G2's with their tiny screens, but would really like it if the G1's had a dock. Since it arrived I have not listened to the regular radio stations, and don't miss them at all.

I tried listening to the Slacker web radio but it sucks they keep asking for me to sign in and use that stupid Cap and lower case code so often that it killed the enjoyment factor sometimes it would play only 1 song and want you to sign in again. If anyone from Slacker is reading this pull your heads out this was very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!! it even did this when I was clicking on album art and reading the info can't you monitor if the person signed in is actively using the site so you could stop pestering active users and just request sign ins from people who have not clicked on anything on the site for something like 20 minutes or something?

end of rant!

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
are you using the browser based slacker.com or the slacker program app? the slacker program sucks. I use Firefox with no issues.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I really like the size of the G1's screen it displays album art nicely and the text is very easy to read. I have no interest in the G2's with their tiny screens, but would really like it if the G1's had a dock. Since it arrived I have not listened to the regular radio stations, and don't miss them at all.

I tried listening to the Slacker web radio but it sucks they keep asking for me to sign in and use that stupid Cap and lower case code so often that it killed the enjoyment factor sometimes it would play only 1 song and want you to sign in again.

Well the G1 are in sell out mode and I would imagine at this point there is no continuing R&D for anything new in regards to the G1 portable. They will fix any bugs via firmware, but it is highly doubtful they will add any new functionality or accessories.

I too loved the big display, but the overall size of the G1 was eventually sort of a turn off. The other thing that drove me nuts about the G1 was the lack of volume normalization so one song is louder, one song is lower. I particularly notice this when trying to listen to it at the office. The G2 resolves this with the volume normalization. Plus the add on sleep mode, additional back-light functionality, along with home docks and rumors of a car dock coming just makes the G2 the lead product right now. If none of those things are an issue then the G1 is a great device. The latest firmware certainly has resolved many of the previous issues with it. The biggest plus of course with the G1 is the price that you can buy them at now versus the G2.

In regards to the web player, I've never had an issue with it. I've never had to sign in once I originally signed in and told my Fire Fox browser to save the password.

sirthurston

Feb 23, 2009
Thanks some guys over @ the Slacker site suggested it might be my cookie setting causing the problem I'll check it out!