Windows XP EOL

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
XP was a good OS as was 2000 but Windows 7 was better. I generally always upgrade right away, except with Vista I waited 1 year. I can't stand using XP after using Windows 7/8. This weekend I did a consumer market research thing related to cars, and the company conducting the research had nothing but XP laptops. I guess they are using them up to the deadline, and probably beyond.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
I've got one sitting on my desk that's still got XP on it. I am considering upgrading to 7 in the not too distant future.

Or I may just stay with XP. Sort of the techie way of saying 'Come at me, Bro!'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
I was shopping for a mid priced laptop recently and found the options to be quite lacking especially from Dell. What is going on, trying to find a machine with a screen with more than 1380 across in a good price range isn't easy. Anyway I think the slow down has caused all the cool development to go into tablets and convertables, forgetting the higher end machines.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was looking at laptops the other day and saw about the same thing. When does the next Windows get released? I was guessing there will be some new machines out then.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
The Lenovo Yoga style machines are the ones that I like in laptop form, and now with the Surface Pro 3, that is the one that I think would work best for me.
For work I ended up getting a Dell Latitude and it is dockable, but is bulky and heavy. It does come with a 1080p 15" screen but is otherwise uninspired. The nice part though is it drives 2 external monitors with the docking station giving me a total of 3 displays.

Reactions: HecticArt