Windows 10

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I know, I haven't reported much about my beta 10 here, but I personally like it. It has the feel of Windows 7, but unfortunately there are apps in the start menu, which I don't use. Beside, I was forced to download couple of apps to operate my HP printer. One for scanning/fax and the other to help keep up maintenance for it like ink toner and settings.

Here couple of screenshots of what 10 looks like on my desktop.

Left is shortcuts to some programs and apps, middle is a full screen of all my installed programs and view all the apps, right is the new look for the calculator and calendar.

View attachment 2263 View attachment 2264 View attachment 2265
That looks more like Windows 8 than 7.

If I was running Windows 8, I would upgrade in a flash. But I will stick with Windows 7 until they absolutely force me to upgrade.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm going to wait to see if everyone butcher about 10 like they did with 8. If not, I'll get a new machine.

Sent from Tapatalk

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That looks more like Windows 8 than 7.

If I was running Windows 8, I would upgrade in a flash. But I will stick with Windows 7 until they absolutely force me to upgrade.

Unfortunately it does have the look of 8, but I'm still able to operate the computer as 7.

So far I like 10, I had couple of issues in the beginning, because of so many new changes, but I was able to overcome it and now I would recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
This is the official release week for windows 10, who's here going to upgrade or hold off?

I currently have a beta 10, but my pc is doing an update now and looks like it might be the final update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Still holding onto windows 7. Will take trip to upgrade store on a flying pig after skating through hell (or they drop support for windows 7).

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Still holding onto windows 7. Will take trip to upgrade store on a flying pig after skating through hell (or they drop support for windows 7).

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk
Big upgrades on older machines scare me. It's time for a new laptop for me. I think mine is 7 years old.

I'll prolly be updating the Mrs' laptop from 8 to 10 about a month after it comes out. I still want to hear the early reviews.

hwkn

Oct 14, 2008
Evanston,IL
Does the XM online player work with windows 10?[i'll consider upgrading from windows 7 pretty soon if it does].

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I been using 10 for a few months now and I really like it, when my PC upgraded to the final version last night. I only lost my wallpaper and made Explorer or Edge whatever it called the default browser.

I might try the new web browser Edge one day, but I just simply prefer Chrome.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ok im running 10 right now. so far so good but 1 issue. my touchpad mouse wont scroll like it did with windows 7. u know, the right side of the touchpad where u can move ur finger up and down to scroll through a page. any ideas? i already went into the mouse settings and it didnt seem to work.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If it's stable, is on a new computer, and doesn't have a lot of bugs, I'm interested.

I don't trust my old laptop to hang in there much longer, and I hate upgrading operating systems if I can help it.

Other than the sharing wi-fi thing, I haven't heard anything yet. I figure another 2 weeks or so, and the first of the big issues will come out.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Apparently I just had my first problem with Windows 10, I wasn't able to connect to the internet. This morning, I had no problem getting on and when I got home, I was a getting a wifi signal and no internet connection. Which was strange, I reseted my modem couple of times. I even had my cable company rested the modem and they said I was getting a good strong signal. I rebooted my pc and some update was installing and when my pc came back on, now my fricken internet works. So I'm having a feeling some windows 10 update caused the issue?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
im guessing u could probably dl this without upgrading to 10 but so far i really like the new windows media player. im very used to vlc so im sticking with that for now but im thinking about making this new one my default player. also i like the new ie, or edge. once again chrome is what im so used to now but this is the first microsoft web browser that i have liked in a long while.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I know one guy that had to reinstall his video driver. But that was it.
Upgrades and drivers don't always play well together.
So far, I haven't heard of big issues. It generally seems to be a few nuisance items.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It generally seems to be a few nuisance items.

thats exactly my experience so far. the scroll feature on my vaio touchpad need an updated sony driver but the stuff i like outweighs that small nuisance.

im not sure about this because its not completely blatant but i think my computer is running a bit warmer since the upgrade. that makes sense since its a 2012 model and probably needs to work harder to run the new os. it hasnt been an issue yet but i still have 3 weeks to decide if im going to keep 10 or go back to 7. im leaning towards keeping it right now.

Reactions: HecticArt