Willie's Place is Flippin' Phenomenal!!!

hornet130

Nov 8, 2008
After listening to Willie's Place tonight, I must say that it has exceeded my expectations. Not sure how expansive the library is but it's great hearing so many "new" songs, new to me anyway. This is the perfect soundtrack to getting drunk on Pearl in a can :yesshake::right:

Now I know what those XM'ers must be experiencing with Margaritaville and Underground Garage.

Can I get an AMEN!!!

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
After listening to Willie's Place tonight, I must say that it has exceeded my expectations. Not sure how expansive the library is but it's great hearing so many "new" songs, new to me anyway. This is the perfect soundtrack to getting drunk on Pearl in a can :yesshake::right:

Can I get an AMEN!!!

Amen.
Yeah I love this station.

Is Pearl a hair product? Like Aquanet?

zepped

Nov 2, 2008
Tonight I'm finding it odd that on TV Dish Network the audio is Willie's Place and the video text is Songs and Fun for Younger Kids.

Last edited:

Musicologist

Nov 22, 2008
WP is the best country channel, IMO. Was glad to see it added to Sirius for free, so I can now cancel my XM sub.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Willie's Place is the channel you want to be on for some good down home deep country music. I still prefer the lighter Roadhouse, which is much improved now too. Still there are those times when Willie's is fantastic.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Word up is that COUNTRY DAN (who was axed during the SIRIUS takeover last year) will now air his request show every Sunday from 8pm - midnight est. on Willie's Place starting in December. I hope the rumor is true and that he will have access to all songs and not the SIRIUS "limited" play list. :headbang:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Word up is that COUNTRY DAN (who was axed during the SIRIUS takeover last year) will now air his request show every Sunday from 8pm - midnight est. on Willie's Place starting in December. I hope the rumor is true and that he will have access to all songs and not the SIRIUS "limited" play list. :headbang:

Ahh man I would love this so much! I hope it is true because Country Dan was my favorite on America XM 10. I still remember his last show he just sounded so broken hearted. I miss him a lot! He had a great show or shows because his Stained Glass program was great too on early Sunday mornings!

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Ahh man I would love this so much! I hope it is true because Country Dan was my favorite on America XM 10. I still remember his last show he just sounded so broken hearted. I miss him a lot! He had a great show or shows because his Stained Glass program was great too on early Sunday mornings!

Yes sir, I hope this happens also. Record it on Sunday and listen at work sometime the next day. :clap:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Country dan

From TX_TINMAN:

" Wilma Shannon (The Cookbook Lady) is the one that helped to make this happen!!

I am SOOOOOO glad that Country Dan is back.

I talked to him today and confirmed he will begin Sunday December 6th from 8P - Midnight EST. He will be on Every Sunday night and taking requests like the good 'ol days! "