Will you watch tonight?

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
OK, so after all the hoopla, AGT is tonight, I don't know if you've heard, but Howard is the new judge. :big:

Here's the question, and I don't know how to make a poll, but I'd rather read your insights to go with your answer:

You're a regular to this forum, so... will you be watching tonight? If not, will you be DVR'ing? Or will you not watch at all (and if not, why not)?

I think I will go the DVR route; I would rather keep reading The Yankee Years by Joe Torre, or do some laundry, or both, but I wouldn't mind checking out "the first show" at some point. It's just that AGT isn't really my bag, regardless of who the judges are. Well, if Kate Beckinsale was a judge I'd most definitely watch live. But that's what it would take. ;)

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I will be watching.

NBC played their cards right because I've never planned on watching AGT and never really watched it before tonight. As much as I think he is coasting on his radio show, I think he'll be a great new judge and being network TV, will be just mean enough to get response but not vile enough to be vilified.

Mark my words--He'll be America's new sweetheart by mid June.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
i don't watch ANYTHING live, but i did set the DVR. i'll give it a shot, but typically avoid any of these talent/idol/judge/reality shows like the plague.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You had me at Beckinsale.

If I remember, I'll DVR. We aren't reality tv people, but I do want to see how Howard will do. I'm expecting him to do well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I'll DVR it but I will be busy watching Dancing With the Stars.. Dancing and singing contests I can handle... not circus acts.... I have mixed feelings about AGT... I like it that the show attracts an audience of Howard Stern fans.. I think I would like that vibe if I were there........... But there has been so much ass kissing of Howard and so much of Howard bragging ... that I think some stinging criticism might be a lot of fun...

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Let's tell the PTC to STFU.

Watch the show. Increase the ratings beyond what they ever were before.

#1 FM morning radio show in several different markets at the same time. They said it couldn't be done. They were wrong.

#1 blockbuster movie.

#1 soundtrack.

A best-selling book.

Another best-selling book.

They said he could never get people to PAY for his radio show. Wrong again.

They said they could never get people to PAY for his TV show. Wrong yet again.

What's left? Primetime TV. Are the nay-sayers ever tired of being wrong? Will the PTC learn that Howard's act is just that...an act?

It's time for the PTC to be wrong.

It's time to hail to the king.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Let's tell the PTC to STFU.

Watch the show. Increase the ratings beyond what they ever were before.

#1 FM morning radio show in several different markets at the same time. They said it couldn't be done. They were wrong.

#1 blockbuster movie.

#1 soundtrack.

A best-selling book.

Another best-selling book.

They said he could never get people to PAY for his radio show. Wrong again.

They said they could never get people to PAY for his TV show. Wrong yet again.

What's left? Primetime TV. Are the nay-sayers ever tired of being wrong? Will the PTC learn that Howard's act is just that...an act?

It's time for the PTC to be wrong.

It's time to hail to the king.

The movie did $15 million on the weekend $40 million total I think... Good for a cheaply made move but not exactly a blockbuster

I'd be more in the mood to hail the king if he would start showing a little more respect for his radio fans... I am definitely not feeling the love...

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The movie did $15 million on the weekend $40 million total I think... Good for a cheaply made move but not exactly a blockbuster

I'd be more in the mood to hail the king if he would start showing a little more respect for his radio fans... I am definitely not feeling the love...

Plus another $18,000,000 on video. Not sure how much he gets from TV. (Not much I'd guess)

But that's pretty good for a cheap movie that was likely expected to go quickly to video. $60 mill for a $20 mill investment for a fan thank you/vanity project/do it just to prove it can be done movie is still pretty darned cool. IMHO.

He's still looking for other challenges. FM, books, movie, satellite, network TV, what's next? :idunno: I can't blame a guy for checking other stuff out, especially after 35 years in the game.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'll try to watch it tonight, it on the same time for couple of my favorite shows. But I'll probably DVR just in case.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

More like to the haters and the PTC who absolutely refuse to give him any credit and are basing their "expectations" off 90s schtick. The point being that every time he was told "no", he turned around and beat the expectations.

$41.2 mill at box office. Not a flop by any stretch of the imagination.
Private Parts | Trailer and Cast - Yahoo! Movies

The PTC are asking the advertisers...you've heard. They need to set themselves up to expect campaign failure. :)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
More like to the haters and the PTC who absolutely refuse to give him any credit and are basing their "expectations" off 90s schtick. The point being that every time he was told "no", he turned around and beat the expectations.

$41.2 mill at box office. Not a flop by any stretch of the imagination.
Private Parts | Trailer and Cast - Yahoo! Movies

The PTC are asking the advertisers...you've heard. They need to set themselves up to expect campaign failure. :)

The more they lobby about how evil Howard is, the more people will watch to see what going to happen. It's all free advertising.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
It's DVRed and I'll watch it while working tomorrow. I would have never watched it had he not joined.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Great intro. I'm semi-shocked they didn't use Great American Nightmare, but that might have been too obvious.

This first act was wacky. I don't want to give it all away, but Howard already joked about being exhausted and told Howie to "get off the stage, or we'll be here all night."

"Anything else, Howie?" :2funny:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Some girl: "What happened to your dad?"
Howard: "You don't want to know."

I lol'ed. As in REAL lol.

"SHUT UP, SIT DOWN!"
"I told you not to be stupid, you moron!"

"My father's favorite sport was yelling"

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
they let these two who are already on tv thru:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09IaDc9Gy8"]Hyundai Holidays Commericial - Feliz Navidad - YouTube[/ame]

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Some rapper marking out to Beet and Booey!

I think he said "shitting" and they let it through...