Will you support it?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
The NFL outside the US? The Super Bowl outside the US?

I will not. I will NEVER support this. And I will not watch any games outside the US.

And if you lose a home game because of it you should be reimbursed for the cost of the ticket and the PSL. IMO.

What say you?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I would enjoy the Bills game in Toronto if they didn't want your first born for admission. I think the idea of playing games between 2 non-home times outside the country is a bit bogus. If you want to have a team in London, create a team there. Toronto being so close to Buffalo, it makes a bit of sense but has been poorly executed.

But I would watch the game if it was a good game regardless of location.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
If you're referring to the game in London on Sunday... sure I'll watch it. I don't mind a 'once a year' game overseas.

I am opposed to having a team permanently located overseas, though. I think it's a bad idea for any sports league.
The NBA talks about it all the time for their future.

Imagine at the NBA draft, you get drafted by the team in Budapest instead of the Los Angeles Lakers. :icon_eek:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Imagine at the NBA draft, you get drafted by the team in Budapest instead of the Los Angeles Lakers.

If I'm a "big name" player, in demand so to speak, I wouldn't do it. I would have it put in my contract. If it's just one game overseas? They can play somebody else.

And after they travel over to there, will the players have some time to get caught up on lack of sleep, etc.? What about coming back? Imagine finding out that the team is tired and beat from the back and forth and lose two games from it and miss the playoffs.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I don't mind the one game a year in London but if I were a season ticket holder I would expect to be either re-imbursed for the cost OR just only pay for 7 home games instead of 8.

I woudl NEVER support a SUPER BOWL outside the US or a team outside the US, this would be impossible to do. Talk about homefield advantage if you an American Football team in Barcelona or something. Jet LAG along would play a huge roll.

I understand the NFL wants to make even MORE money by becoming a worldwide sport but anything more than one novelty game played across the pond is just ridiculous.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Would it be on the Red Zone channel on Dish Network? (Safe guess, no), I won't watch it otherwise. Football is dead last as far as my interest is concerned.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I'm not sure how well the NFL would do in Europe.
But if they can come up with something that works in Canada or Mexico, then why not?

I can't imagine a Super Bowl happening in Mexico City, but hey...you never know. I think the corporate sponsors would prefer a big event in such as the Super Bowl the US.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
If it's in Toronto, sure. London, if it's a regular season game, and my team isn't playing, I don't really care. If they had the Super Bowl in London or someplace other than the US, then get out those pitchforks and revolt!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
London or some other place once a year YES, a team from outside the US or playing the Superbowl outside the US. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Not only should the Super Bowl be in the US, but it should ALWAYS be where the weather is nice, IMO. No more of this Detroit stuff, for example. As a fan, if I'm going to the game, I want to go where it's nice.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Not only should the Super Bowl be in the US, but it should ALWAYS be where the weather is nice, IMO. No more of this Detroit stuff, for example. As a fan, if I'm going to the game, I want to go where it's nice.

Agreed, except for the fact we get too much Miami overload that way...

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Agreed, except for the fact we get too much Miami overload that way...

Oh, there are several places that they could just rotate with. But it should be fan friendly...I wouldn't put it in Hawaii for example. It should always be on the mainland.

(Speaking of fan friendly...NEVER should it be in Jacksonville!) ;)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think it should be wherever. If you can't play in Pittsburgh or Buffalo in February, you are too wimpy to be Super Bowl champions anyways.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I think it should be wherever. If you can't play in Pittsburgh or Buffalo in February, you are too wimpy to be Super Bowl champions anyways.

I agree. I think the Super Bowl should be rotated though all 32 NFL cities. Hey, it may be 32 years until you get a Super Bowl, but at least you get one. Screw all those non-fan rich asses who go. If it's in Green Bay real fans will brave the cold to go.