• Dont Care

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
If Slacker brings out a device that would also support pod casts (talk) then other than my lifetime subscription I am done with satellite radio.

JSJarvis

Oct 16, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Two years ago I would have bought one, but with the merger and combination of channels I don't have a real need for something like this. Plus I am more interested in units like the Inno and Stiletto where I can put podcasts or my own music on them if I want.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The Interoperable Radio looks interesting, but I have no use for it. SiriusXM has just about the same channels for both companies, plus if they came out with Interoperable Radio that has the Stiletto features, then I will probably buy it.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Great idea, too late. What's the use of this after the merger? It's basically the same lineup anyways, except for the XM exclusives, such as Cinemagic, Sirius subscribers only envy :p

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I have a couple of reasons why people would buy this radio , 1. Obviously every sports event would be on it. 2. Some people would want to listen to the CC Talk e.g. Beck and others. 3. The exclusive channels e.g. Cinemagic .

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm quite satisfied with the Starmate 5 I just bought. Not very interested in anything in the best of XM package either. So, I'll stick with what I got. :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I won't buy this. I hope this means that the merging of the billing departments is closer than previously thought though.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I have a couple of reasons why people would buy this radio , 1. Obviously every sports event would be on it. 2. Some people would want to listen to the CC Talk e.g. Beck and others. 3. The exclusive channels e.g. Cinemagic .

I think it would be more of an advantage for SIRIUS subscribers to get this but they could also get XM with Best of SIRIUS. The CC channels do have good talk programming.

Being an XMER, initially, the only advantage I would see to this would be to have the AWAY NFL broadcast teams. By not having the BEST of SIRIUS, you would pay 3 extra dollars a month. (XM with B.O.S. is $16.99)

Here is what XM'ers would get that is not offered in their lineup:
(Credit to tdevine from the "other site")

"Currently Sirius has these channels not available on XM;

Sirius Hits One
EWTN
NPR Talk
OutQ
Road Dog
ESPN Deportes
ESPN All Access
Sporting News Radio
Sports Central (this and SNR programming are somewhat spead between XM-143 and XM-144 at the moment)
Radio Korea
Sirius Left
Sirius Patriot
FamilyNet Radio

Canadian channels don't count since XM Canada and Sirius Canada are technically two different companies, so didn't include them"

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm still going to hold out for the next Stiletto (or whatever the new SIRIUS PMP will be called). This MiRGE sounds very interesting, but I want Wi-Fi on my next SIRIUS radio.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
How much is the Xpress RC equivalent?

I've seen them for a little as $99 online.

I have no real interest in the integrated tuner myself. Right now with the music channel merger and the soon to happen talk/entertainment/sports channel mergers then what would be the point in running out buying one of these? Now way down the road if I need a new tuner, then I'd give one of these some consideration but it would depend on the channel situation at the time.

I am totally happy with my XpressRC and being on the XM side certainly provides the most music programming.

nightowl

Nov 11, 2008
IMO they just made this radio in order to satisfy the FCC.

I think it's way beyond that. I think that all future radios they release will be this way. Why should they continue to make one set of radios for XM only, and one set for Sirius only? Buy one radio then subscribe to the service you want.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I think it's way beyond that. I think that all future radios they release will be this way. Why should they continue to make one set of radios for XM only, and one set for Sirius only? Buy one radio then subscribe to the service you want.

I agree plus the website , and billing departments and CSR's . This is the ultimate goal of the merger.