Will the Bubba Army Cancel in Mass #'s?

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I have listened to his show from time to time,other than the 12 minute intro the show was not half bad at all.I am curious as to how many fans he has and will they cancel?:idunno:

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
No they will not. I love Bubba myself, but I don't see that many canceling. I have given thought to canceling lately, but I do listen to a majority of the other stations as well. It will suck to lose Bubba, but as long as he offers some sort of uncensored radio (podcast or something), I will be fine with that. If I have to listen to garbage censored FM, I will be sick, but I will deal.

Remember when O&A had troubles and their fans threatened to cancel? O&A fan boys were predicting it would be the death of XM and over 100,000 could cancel. In the end, it was more like 1,000. Same goes here. There won't be more then 1,500 cancels over this. Plus the money they would have saved on Bubba is greater then the losses incurred by his departure.

I think the bigger question now is who will replace Bubba? I'm betting Kid Chris. But Sirius shareholders have said no new signings right now. So we may be looking at Miserable Men for 4 hours a day, or perhaps a Sal and Richard show. Or perhaps nothing but a replay of 100 all day.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
No they will not. I love Bubba myself, but I don't see that many canceling. I have given thought to canceling lately, but I do listen to a majority of the other stations as well. It will suck to lose Bubba, but as long as he offers some sort of uncensored radio (podcast or something), I will be fine with that.

Remember when O&A had troubles and their fans threatened to cancel? O&A fan boys were predicting it would be the death of XM and over 100,000 could cancel. In the end, it was more like 1,000. Same goes here. There won't be more then 1,500 cancels over this. Plus the money they would have saved on Bubba is greater then the losses incurred by his departure.

I think the bigger question now is who will replace Bubba? I'm betting Kid Chris.

Is there any way to find out cacelation #'s?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I will cancel for a couple of days just to send a message. I'll probably due it once we know BUBBA is gone for good and Howard is on break.

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
I doubt Bubba's cancellation numbers will ever get out. The numbers will be skewed by 4th quarter holiday subscribers as well. The O&A numbers were claimed by an 'insider' on Wagbag a long time ago. Take the number for what it's worth.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I won't cancel while Howard is still around - but not having Bubba gives me little incentive to stick around afterward. For sure, I'd be cancelling 2 out of 3 subs at that point, with the third depending on what other moves Sirius makes in the mean time.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I will cancel for a couple of days just to send a message. I'll probably due it once we know BUBBA is gone for good and Howard is on break.

I think that if you cancel for a couple of days, just to send a message, you're going to pay something in the neighborhood of $75.00---$100.00 for a cancel fee and a re-hook up fee. I could be way off on this, so you'd better ask around for the correct information on this before sending your message.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I think that if you cancel for a couple of days, just to send a message, you're going to pay something in the neighborhood of $75.00---$100.00 for a cancel fee and a re-hook up fee. I could be way off on this, so you'd better ask around for the correct information on this before sending your message.
It depends on your subcription plan.I was able to get them to waive the fee since i had a second 2yr plan and they will want you back and have offered free re-activation to me several times.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I agree, besides its not much of a message if you cancel one week and sign back up the next. Then numbers aren't measured in that short a time period.

For me life after Bubba will be just like life with Bubba, Bubba less.