Will Sirius ever do a channel update....Will they ever do anything new?

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
It's almost been a full year since they screwed everything up with the music channel mergers. They tried to repair this mistake by bringing back the disco and classic hip-hop genres but they still haven't changed the names! And while it's nice that we get such channels as Groove online only, any chance of bringing those over the the satellite side? Are the financial problems are Sirius so great they are they doing the bare minimum in all areas?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Technically its been 7 months. I doubt a channel update is coming. Hell remains unfrozen over.

I was going to say no way it has almost been a year. Just a little over a half a year and I agree it is highly unlikely to see them make any major channel changes.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
They've added exclusive channels to the Internet stream. That could be the way they do it for the future. Going more toward Internet listening as opposed to listening to non-wifi radio.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I agree with the internet radio adding because they needed to do that in order to survive partially and they are doing that. I wonder if they will do one once they get the Federal Censorship Commission mandate of stations on board but I am not sure.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They've added exclusive channels to the Internet stream. That could be the way they do it for the future. Going more toward Internet listening as opposed to listening to non-wifi radio.

They don't get enough money off the internet stream to make it exclusively as an internet music provider. The SATs are paid for (well borrowed for) and they will continue to make use of them. I see this as simple laziness on the part of Sirius to do an update to fix their channel names.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Mysdak- What radio do you have? :)

Many folks on this board would love it if Sirius actually fixed some of their current issues. Number 1 on the list is a channel map update to correct the names of channels such as Backspin and The Strobe.

They also need to reorder the channels in some way on the Sirius Sats. Backspin should be on channel 43 (instead of 39) and The Strobe needs to be on 37 again (instead of 81). Half of the time, I forget where The Strobe is on the dial, due to the fact that it is in the wrong place and mislabeled....

Also, a fix for users of Vista Home Professional using Sirius Internet Radio should be one of their top priorities. My premium internet account no longer works on my laptop since they added the new channels for SIR. Its a good thing I own a Stiletto 100, or I would have no use for it!

:banghead:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
But it is broken.

I can't listen to channel 81 through my Stiletto's online feature, and channel 39 still says Pop2K and 81 still says Cinemagic through the satellite.

I meant on a programming basis, not a technical basis...