Will Sirius do an update to reflect the channel changes they are making toniight?

Will Sirius do a Channel Update tonight?

• Yes. It will be flawless

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Yes. But they will forget something.

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No. They will leave things as they are.

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They'll forget something.

Right now, I have channel 19 saved in two different spots on my presets, and here's why:
Boneyard is satellite only with the generic Sirius logo.
AC/DC Radio is internet only with the Boneyard logo. The description is AC/DC 24/7.

I'm really hoping that once everything goes through (remember, it has to go through twice. Once for the satellites and it seems like a week or so later for the online dealie), Boneyard will only be one preset, like it should be.

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
They have to. Why is Pop2K on 39 if it's a pop channel? I kind of wish Backspin would return to ch. 43 leading to the return of Wax 42 :D

but yeah they have to do an update. They have to rename 122 again from Sports Central to Sports Nation and 108 to Sirius Stars Too.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Also to add on to your message Sirius Stars Too is going to 139 aligning themselves with the XM channel number , and the other stuff as well. This is the biggest gripe I have about Satellite Radio now is that the PR department of Sirius is ran by a bunch of FM hacks.

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
Also to add on to your message Sirius Stars Too is going to 139 aligning themselves with the XM channel number , and the other stuff as well. This is the biggest gripe I have about Satellite Radio now is that the PR department of Sirius is ran by a bunch of FM hacks.

Why are they moving them to 139 on Sirius? That's like in the middle of nothingness there. Canadian weather and World Radio Network? They really must not like the guys on that channel.

BTW, the screw ups don't have to start at midnight...it already started!

RIP Area 38

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Because they want to align it with XMs or the Canadian Weather Network is going away because they suck so bad. Btw it is true Backspin will be on XM 65 tomorrow but not Sirius 38 it should be 39 ? This would of been easier if the Strobe were on 34 and Backspin on 41.

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
yeah we heard it's 39, but the promo they're running on Hip Hop Nation is saying 38

(that was the screw up part)

JDawg3DX

Oct 16, 2008
Las Vegas
yeah we heard it's 39, but the promo they're running on Hip Hop Nation is saying 38

(that was the screw up part)

Thank you for backing up what I mentioned the other day in another forum. I basically got thrown under the carpet for mentioning that.

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
Ok,

I left it on ch 39 just now. Beyonce was on and after the song ended..few seconds of silence, then a Backspin sweeper came on right into TROY by Pete Rock and CL Smooth. No update on the radio as it still says Pop2K.

dleising

Oct 31, 2008

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Lucky I have both but I liked having pop2k on my SL2. ANyway about pop2k I find it less annoying now. I've only listened for like 30 minutes, but hardly any bumpers, and there playing more of a selection now.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I don't remember seeing an "update" this morning.

But I did turn to channel 39 for a second so I could reminisce. :yesshake:

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
Nope, no update yet....I left my Stiletto 100 on overnight and it's missing the "new" traffic/weather channel(s), and Pop2K is really Backspin...

No new PDF of either website, either...

Way to go SIRIUS XM!!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
So all they did was change the music on the channels, but didn't actually update the channel mapping. Nothing new!

But it is GREAT to have those channels BACK!