Will Howard make any comment about the SirusXM musical "massacare"

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
In case you didn't know, Sirius and Xm will be combining their musical stations...

"Does that mean that Sirius listeners can now hear XM music channels and vice versa..."

Well, more like everything is going to be combined and homogenized. This means that a bunch of DJs and formats will be given the chopping block in order to save money so Howard can plug the North Shore Animal League for an hour! Calm down, people. I'm not blaming Howard for this. But do you think that he'll at least make some sort of mention of it or just play it as safe as he can? I think most of the Djs are pre tapped so I'm thinking their won't be any of those crazy DJ outbursts where Mel gets chewed out. But it could happen. It's all happening today, I believe. Not sure how if they are changing names and all, but it would make sense since some of the stations will not have the same names (apparently the decades channels will now have the lame XM non-name like "80s on 8"). And while Meg will continue to work on the Spectrum, her baby, Sirius Disorder is no more! Will Howard even give the possible disgruntled Meg the time of the day! Coincidentally, they are now updating channels...what will survive and will Stern even mention it for a second or just be a good company boy! I'm not sure if they have canceled one of my favorite musical channels, the disco channel or just moved it....seems like "40s on 4" is playing something that is typical of "the Strobe". I hope!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
In case you didn't know, Sirius and Xm will be combining their musical stations...

"Does that mean that Sirius listeners can now hear XM music channels and vice versa..."

Well, more like everything is going to be combined and homogenized. This means that a bunch of DJs and formats will be given the chopping block in order to save money so Howard can plug the North Shore Animal League for an hour! Calm down, people. I'm not blaming Howard for this. But do you think that he'll at least make some sort of mention of it or just play it as safe as he can? I think most of the Djs are pre tapped so I'm thinking their won't be any of those crazy DJ outbursts where Mel gets chewed out. But it could happen. It's all happening today, I believe. Not sure how if they are changing names and all, but it would make sense since some of the stations will not have the same names (apparently the decades channels will now have the lame XM non-name like "80s on 8"). And while Meg will continue to work on the Spectrum, her baby, Sirius Disorder is no more! Will Howard even give the possible disgruntled Meg the time of the day! Coincidentally, they are now updating channels...what will survive and will Stern even mention it for a second or just be a good company boy!

I'm doubting any real mention. Howard steers clear of talking about Sirius outside of the talk area. The most mention may be a call or something and Howard will give a quick "What's this guy talking about? I don't even know. I hung up on him" and Robin will try to explain that some of the music changed and howard will say he doesn't care, let everyone else worry about that. At most, A robin mention.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I'm doubting any real mention. Howard steers clear of talking about Sirius outside of the talk area. The most mention may be a call or something and Howard will give a quick "What's this guy talking about? I don't even know. I hung up on him" and Robin will try to explain that some of the music changed and howard will say he doesn't care, let everyone else worry about that. At most, A robin mention.

I think you're right. I noticed Buzzsaw is gone. But it's all about the company line..."It had to go, Robin! Fuck 'em....oh, wait. I don't swear!" They have no disco channel and that pisses me off. I think the decade channels, despite shitter names, are playing slightly deeper tracks. And there is finally a 90s channel! Double edged sword. More than likely some of your presets will be fucked up...and more than likely you're recording of the show will be off if you don't keep your radio on the entire time....and good morning!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I am tempted to go out to fix my stiletto to allow for the update and just turn it on now to update so my recording is fucked in teh morning...but, I'm far too lazy to go out there to the other room, haha.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah, I am tempted to go out to fix my stiletto to allow for the update and just turn it on now to update so my recording is fucked in teh morning...but, I'm far too lazy to go out there to the other room, haha.

YOu might regret it because it probably won't tape the show at all (or it will start late...I forgot...if it starts late you might just miss the first hour which seems to be dedicated to Beth plugs and slamming Belzer I guess).

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
YOu might regret it because it probably won't tape the show at all (or it will start late...I forgot...if it starts late you might just miss the first hour which seems to be dedicated to Beth plugs and slamming Belzer I guess).

I'm not too worried if I miss it. I can catch the replay tomorrow, I wont be anywhere special. If I knew I'd be tight on time, I'd go fix it.

Typically it records, updates, then pick the recording back up maybe a few minutes later, or an hour later, I've had both.

Bhickman

Nov 12, 2008
rockandrollghost.blogspot.com
I think that the moves made were necessary and that you'll see a deeper selection now on Sirius that was lacking which XM had. I believe, right now at least, that it'll be pretty fantastic.

I don't know if people were expecting the company to holds in excess of 250 radio stations or not. I suppose in time, once things edge toward profitability they will build on the foundation they've re-created, but for now, let's have a little patience.

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
They can Merge the music channels, but they can't put H100 on XM for free??? My guess is that Howard demanded another $200million bonus if he were put on XM for free.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
K9, they aren't giving Sirius subscribers "exclusive" Xm talent for free either. It's all a shitty business plan in give everyone the bare minimum possible. I can't believe just totally scrapping certain genres...they have about 10 crazy Canadian channels that you know nobody is listening too in the States! BTW, Howard did mention it because Tim told him too....he barely knew what he was talking about it and it was all positive spin....Now you can hear this and that. Not a surprise I guess. You can't really rock the boat.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I think some other channels could have been given the axe before say the Punk channel and Backspin. But the truth remains that this company has to cut a shit ton of expenses in order to survive. AND FAST.

So while that is not a popular opinion and this is the result of it, I probably will agree that there are plenty of places to trim the majority of the fat.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
They can Merge the music channels, but they can't put H100 on XM for free??? My guess is that Howard demanded another $200million bonus if he were put on XM for free.

If they put Howard on XM for free they would be out of business. All the Dual Subs would just stick with their service rather than get one service with the best of the other.

One is $6.99 the other is $16.99. One option will keep the business afloat just a bit longer.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I think some other channels could have been given the axe before say the Punk channel and Backspin. But the truth remains that this company has to cut a shit ton of expenses in order to survive. AND FAST.

So while that is not a popular opinion and this is the result of it, I probably will agree that there are plenty of places to trim the majority of the fat.

Well the changes they have made in getting rid of unique programming in order to add more pop stations will not make people happy and they will vote for with their dollars. If anything, fat can be trimmed on the talk side and then slowly get back to developing that later. I guess I understand merging similar stations with similar styles but getting rid of key musical genres is just shit!

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
If Howard says anything it will be selling everyone on how great the changes are.

It will go something like this...

Howard: I was listening to all the new channels last night. I especially like the Loft, 80's on 8, blah, blah, blah...

Robin: Yeah, I was going to say that!

Gary [over intercom]: Hey bofffff...you forgot to mention the 90's on ne-wine.

Howard: Hey let's take a call...Eric from Hoboken...go ahead.

EFH: Hey Howard, did you know Howard TV cures cancer. And it cleared up my flaming case of herpes. By the way, these channel changes are the best! Anyone who doesn't get three extra subscriptions should have their head examined.

Howard: Ah yes...speaking of Howard TV...hey Scott Depace...when's Beth's appearance going to air? She ran the NYC marathon you know.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
If they put Howard on XM for free they would be out of business. All the Dual Subs would just stick with their service rather than get one service with the best of the other.

One is $6.99 the other is $16.99. One option will keep the business afloat just a bit longer.

Don't bother replying to Dogshit. He's SBS/DRC's version of Benjy, only he can't write jokes. He knows what you said is true, but he can't resist posts which are nothing but a lousy imitation of Benjy's schtick coma.

IfGary [over intercom]: Hey bofffff...you forgot to mention the 90's on ne-wine.

Uhh, that would be "90's on Noine." ;)

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
Howard tried to read the press release yesterday, had no clue, and bailed. After railing on the merger for months and months, you'd think he give it a little better effort. The average Stern fan knows the schedule on 101 better than Howard does.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
If Howard says anything it will be selling everyone on how great the changes are.

It will go something like this...

Howard: I was listening to all the new channels last night. I especially like the Loft, 80's on 8, blah, blah, blah...

Robin: Yeah, I was going to say that!

Gary [over intercom]: Hey bofffff...you forgot to mention the 90's on ne-wine.

Howard: Hey let's take a call...Eric from Hoboken...go ahead.

EFH: Hey Howard, did you know Howard TV cures cancer. And it cleared up my flaming case of herpes. By the way, these channel changes are the best! Anyone who doesn't get three extra subscriptions should have their head examined.

Howard: Ah yes...speaking of Howard TV...hey Scott Depace...when's Beth's appearance going to air? She ran the NYC marathon you know.

:hah:

Depace : well howard, we've been very busy with the NEW HTV series, NSAL Hotties. Its the BEST SHOW EVER.

Howard: wow that sounds like an exciting show. whats it about scott?

Depace: We have HOT girls

Artie: YeAh I seen them and they are the HOTTEST EVER. i mean that.

Depace: The hot girls were shorts and a bra top, they go around adopting out the NSAL animals in a RV.

Howard: Do they live in the RV?

Depace: Oh yeah and they sleep and shower together as well as bathe the animals. Its soooo hot.

Howard: Well then good job I can't wait to see it.

Artie: Howard man, they are smoking hot.