Wife friendly video game, and/or video game suggestions? PS3

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Well, I picked up my first PS3 this weekend, and the last game system i had was the original PS. That was over 10 years ago, so I am out of the loop in games. The wifey made SURE I bought an extra remote so she can play, but she doesn't know any games either. Last time she played was on the NES system.
So, wife friendly game suggestions?
Good game suggestions for me?

I like racing games, and shoot 'em games. I have GT Prologue, and I heard COD was the biz. Fallout 3 was on sale at Walmart, any good?

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Hubby and I bought a PS3 in August so we don't have much for ours yet but what we do have that are good games are:

GTA IV - we both play this
Rock Band 2 - Need the Guitar/Drums alot of fun for 2 people or just one
Burnout Paradise - we both play this
MLB 2009 - just Hubby, I am not into it
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - Hubby only, I haven't tried it yet
Assassin's Creed II - Hubby only, I haven't tried it yet
The Bourne Conspiracy - haven't played this one yet.

Wife type games is hard to really say, what kind of games your wife is into without knowing her taste.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Many video games have complicated controls. Hold this button, then push that to do this, etc. If you like trivia, both of the games in the Buzz! series are a lot of fun. And you get very easy to use buzzers (only 5 buttons) that are used specifically for the game (you don't use the PS3 controllers).

Here's the buzzer for this game.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I now own a 360 and Wii, and the wife is always wanting to play 2-player games.

On the 360, I agree with Burnout Paradise, we both play under the same profile, and there's enough stuff for both of us. Another one is any of the Lego series, et al. Star Wars or Indiana Jones. I tend to think the simpler, not-so-violent games tend to work for mine. Good luck!

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Fallout 3 is AWESOME! Also, if you haven't played games in a while -

Bioshock
Half Life 2
Knights of the Old Republic (I and II)
GTA
Dragon Age - Origins
God of War (I and II)

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Wife type games is hard to really say, what kind of games your wife is into without knowing her taste.

ehhh...agreed. I asked what type of games she likes, and she said mario, and whatever other games her borther had in the NES. Sooo...that didn't help much.

thanks for all the suggestions! keep 'em coming

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Couple of my favorits for my wife:

1. Dishwashing Extravaganza: The main character has to wash as many dishes as they can while the husband walks back and forth from the fridge, drinking Miller Lite. If you don't get it done fast enough the husband gets drunker and starts mouthing off. As you progress from level to level the husband drinks faster and harder liquor. Fun game.

2. Ready Set Vaccuum: The house is a mess and the husbands poker buddies are coming over. Vaccuum you way through a barrage of chips, broken plates and cups and various food items all while trying to keep the children contained and the food being served to your husbands friends before they get rowdy!!!

Either of these are great!!!!

Reactions: Calypso

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
rob, this game is the best I've played on the PS3 so far. You really need to check this one out. I'm currently playing it in "Very Easy" mode, and it really is something else. Very cinematic.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh i know! I just saw that today. It has 461 "5 star" out of 508 reviews on amazon. That is REALLY good!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-2-Among-Thieves-Playstation-3/dp/B001JKTC9A]Amazon.com: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: Playstation 3: Video Games[/ame]

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

1. Dishwashing Extravaganza: The main character has to wash as many dishes as they can while the husband walks back and forth from the fridge, drinking Miller Lite. If you don't get it done fast enough the husband gets drunker and starts mouthing off. As you progress from level to level the husband drinks faster and harder liquor. Fun game.

2. Ready Set Vaccuum: The house is a mess and the husbands poker buddies are coming over. Vaccuum you way through a barrage of chips, broken plates and cups and various food items all while trying to keep the children contained and the food being served to your husbands friends before they get rowdy!!!

:roflmao::bigthumbup:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com

That is the best... Had to show this to Hubby, he got a good kick out of it too... :ter:

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I don't know what would be considered "wife friendly" per se. But in addition to the games mentioned here, I recommend Infamous (an open world super hero game that plays like a shooter), Batman: Arkham Asylum, the original Uncharted and Assassin's Creed seeing as how their sequels have already been mentioned. There's also some good budget titles available for $20. If you want something a little different you may want to look into Mirror's Edge. And if you like old games, they have a Sega Genesis game collection with a lot of classic titles for $20. Also there's PS1 games available for download on PSN.

Also you may want to consult this guide and see what you're interested in.
Playstation 3 - /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki