Why Pearl Jam Sucks

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Fantastic sellouts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QYAWXK7fo]YouTube - Pearl Jam Target Commercial The Fixer[/ame]​

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I read about this a bit and it's not as bad as it sounds. I still find it sad, but they also included a lot of small music shops as part of the deal.

With that said... when I saw this ad on hulu.com for the first time, the site of Pearl Jam dancing in front of a target logo shocked the shit out of me. I worked at Target when I bought the first Pearl Jam album. Never did I think the 2 would meet.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I would like to find their intentions more credible if Eddie Vedder wasn't a Ralph Nader supporter. I guess money does talk.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I personally hate them for having a massive hit with my first name... And the song sucked.

Pearl Jam = C0cksuckers

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I dug Ten and Vs., but they lost me on Vitalogy (save for Corduroy) and I haven't been back since. Loved 'em in college though, circa 1990-94.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I would like to find their intentions more credible if Eddie Vedder wasn't a Ralph Nader supporter. I guess money does talk.

Welcome to nine years ago. GWB becomes the president, some really fucked-up shit happens to the WTC, and GWB gets bashed.

(Just catching you up, since you seem so fixated on something that happened way the hell back when and has been completely forgotten about since then.)

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I personally hate them for having a massive hit with my first name... And the song sucked.

Pearl Jam = C0cksuckers

Yay for coincidences!

Seriously, if anyone doesn't like the band, quit your 10C subscription. Mine is way up in the 200,000's, so anyone who wants to drop out, I won't mind.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Eddie Vedder always has been a limousine liberal. Thinks rich people are evil, but fails to look in the mirror. Thinks capitalism is evil unless he's the one practicing it. Pot meet kettle.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I can't blame them for selling their record through target as well as other stores. Since nobody is buying cd's anymore, this is the ONLY way to sell a large number of them.

However, I don't really like their music, their combining their music with all of their political grandstanding and I, as many, have not dug them since 10.

I have a feeling that these yahoo's will be our generations version of U2---no good albums for a LONG time yet they keep cranking them out, the media goes apeshit jones over them and they tour every year and for some reason it's treated like a big deal.

I would not be uspset in the least bit if either of these bands NEVER put out another song, ever.

I live in fear of a combined U2/Pearl Jam Tour--The Media would not know what to do with themselves and the result would be several old hipster rock editors from Rolling Stone Magazine (another dinosaur) heads would explode in glee. Actually, a few less rock maganzines around might be a good thing.