Why is bubba off again?

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
nevermind, I found out. they are on vacation again for the rest of the week. supposedly this like the last one of the year. what sucks, is he keeps taking vacation and screwing the sirius subs outta that friday show. It really sucks. but I'm sure he purposely takes vacations to include fridays as thats the only day he has to do two shows.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I don't think he's doing it to screw Sirius listeners on purpose. Now he may be doing it to screw Sirius the company. Fuck it still screws us over. I don't know what the deal is.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
He has four weeks of vacation this entire year. This is the last one except maybe two days some other time since he was on Monday and Tuesday. Then that's it except for holidays.

So it's a bit ridiculous to start comparing his vacation schedule to Howard's.
I don't think he's doing it to screw Sirius listeners on purpose. Now he may be doing it to screw Sirius the company. Fuck it still screws us over. I don't know what the deal is.
I think some people overthinking the process. If he takes a week off, of course he'll not be doing the exclusive Friday show. And who doesn't like long weekends? He's done this plenty of times. Do shows at the beginning of the week and take off at the end of the week. It's not like the reception towards the exclusive shows are all that glowing anyway.
did sirius finally fire him or something? If anyone can get on the btls forums for explanantion I would appreciate it as I don't have access from work.
Why the hell would they fire him?

Last edited:

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Bubba's taking off and screwing the listeners?

He must be one of the Stern immitators I've been hearing so much about.:)

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
He has four weeks of vacation this entire year. This is the last one except maybe two days some other time since he was on Monday and Tuesday. Then that's it except for holidays.

So it's a bit ridiculous to start comparing his vacation schedule to Howard's.

I think some people overthinking the process. If he takes a week off, of course he'll not be doing the exclusive Friday show. And who doesn't like long weekends? He's done this plenty of times. Do shows at the beginning of the week and take off at the end of the week. It's not like the reception towards the exclusive shows are all that glowing anyway.

Why the hell would they fire him?

First off when I said pulling a Howard I was kidding. I'm not over thinking anything. After all the bullshit about his contract last year and the fact we wern't told about his show being replays I'm still a fan. I still enjoy his show. I didn't leave and I didn't go to Ellis(yet). We don't get very many live shows on Sirius. Most of the summer has been repeats. So I got a little steamed. So sue me. I don't mind Bubba being on vacation. Hell I don't mind Howard being on vacation. It just sucks for people like me who are trying like hell to remain a fan. I think we've had 1 live Friday show in the last 2 monthes. I could be wrong. I'm venting and I don't do that very much. So it's not a pattern for me to bash Bubba or anyone else. Sometimes we need to do that and then move on.

I realize that Sirius fucked up and let Bubba go. I think we all do. Now Bubba needs to realize that some of us Sirius fans are hanging on by a string. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!! :wave:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I stuck with Bubba for a while after he went to the terrestrial simulcast. It just became too much nascar and local BS for me though. On top of that, Ned edited just isn't the same. If Ellis were censored I would probably be looking for yet another afternoon show.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I've said it before but I'll say it again. It's nothing aginst Bubba. He got screwed by Sirius. He cut the best deal he could and good for him. I woulda done the same thing. (I don't take what radio hosts do to heart like some people I can think of so I don't blame him or get angry about it ;) )
That being said, I just flat out don't like the new product we get at 3PM every week day. Its not his fault it focuses so much on Tampa. We're listening to a Tampa show repeat. It just doesn't do anything for me. I'm also not a Sports fan (Besides NASCAR, so ok I still like that part of the show lol! )
I'm also sick.....and........tired.....of.....HOGAN. :( I don't know if he always had him on more on the am show or what but since January its been a friggin hootie fest and I got sick of it.I guess it works for the tampa crowd but not me and many others.
All and all it's not Bubba's fault or many listeners that we don't like the show. Things changed because they had to and we changed the channel.
If he could get back in the 3pm slot I'm not sure I'd go back now that I've found something new but I'd give it a shot.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I've said it before but I'll say it again. It's nothing aginst Bubba. He got screwed by Sirius. He cut the best deal he could and good for him. I woulda done the same thing. (I don't take what radio hosts do to heart like some people I can think of so I don't blame him or get angry about it ;) )
That being said, I just flat out don't like the new product we get at 3PM every week day. Its not his fault it focuses so much on Tampa. We're listening to a Tampa show repeat. It just doesn't do anything for me. I'm also not a Sports fan (Besides NASCAR, so ok I still like that part of the show lol! )
I'm also sick.....and........tired.....of.....HOGAN. :( I don't know if he always had him on more on the am show or what but since January its been a friggin hootie fest and I got sick of it.I guess it works for the tampa crowd but not me and many others.
All and all it's not Bubba's fault or many listeners that we don't like the show. Things changed because they had to and we changed the channel.
If he could get back in the 3pm slot I'm not sure I'd go back now that I've found something new but I'd give it a shot.

I'm not angry at Bubba if I'm the one your talking about. I just really enjoy his live uncensored shows on Friday. I look forward to them. So yea I got a little miffed, but I'm over it. I'm just trying to stay a fan thats all.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'm not angry at Bubba if I'm the one your talking about. I just really enjoy his live uncensored shows on Friday. I look forward to them. So yea I got a little miffed, but I'm over it. I'm just trying to stay a fan thats all.

Nope wasn't talking to you. Or anyone really. I just always feel the need to post that for some reason when Bubba comes up. I think some people think a lot of us gave up on him because we think he sold out or something or made a bad deal.
Thats not the case with most of us.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
. . . I'm also sick.....and........tired.....of.....HOGAN. :( I don't know if he always had him on more on the am show or what but since January its been a friggin hootie fest and I got sick of it . . .

Honestly, I don't listen to Bubba except the very rare occasion. The last few times in the past three months, I've tuned in maybe five times, and four of those times Hogan was on the phone. I immediately tuned out those four times. (Well, I lasted a full minute the first time.)

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Nope wasn't talking to you. Or anyone really. I just always feel the need to post that for some reason when Bubba comes up. I think some people think a lot of us gave up on him because we think he sold out or something or made a bad deal.
Thats not the case with most of us.

Thats true. Sirius just dropped the ball as usual.

Honestly, I don't listen to Bubba except the very rare occasion. The last few times in the past three months, I've tuned in maybe five times, and four of those times Hogan was on the phone. I immediately tuned out those four times. (Well, I lasted a full minute the first time.)

COME ON BROTHER!!!!! DON'T TUNE OUT WHEN I'M ON DUDE!!!! WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE 24 INCH PYTHONS JOINS BUBBA'S SHOW FOR GOOD!!!!!!

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
another thing is, ellis doesn't do it for me enough. sometimes he's funny, but i can't listen to a whole show of his as its too MMA dominated, which i find extremely boring. guess i'll listen to foxxhole.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
another thing is, ellis doesn't do it for me enough. sometimes he's funny, but i can't listen to a whole show of his as its too MMA dominated, which i find extremely boring. guess i'll listen to foxxhole.

I know what you mean. I like Ellis, but sometimes it's like he's trying way to hard. I do love the fact that he has no comercials. Thats a huge plus in my book. He plays some good music. :headbang: