Why do Sirius listeners have to read between the lines for our channels????

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Meg Griffen keeps talking about moving to the spectrum. But why not release the info!!!!!! She says you will see when you turn on your radio tomorrow. XM has their channel lineup out!!!!

WTF?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I remember in years past we'd have night chats waiting on the changes to happen. We see what songs were the first played on the new channels and the last song played on channels going bye bye. It was a lot of fun in those early days.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I remember that. The change was at like 6:00 am eastern and I was in Hawaii in the middle of the night, listen to Vacation.

Miss those days.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
And now we're being strung along until midnight or some time after.

Well as I recall XM makes their changes at midnight eastern, generally Sirius has always made their changes at 4AM eastern time. This is speaking from past channel changes like this where a channel mapping update is going to take place.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Well what can we learn

Well as I recall XM makes their changes at midnight eastern, generally Sirius has always made their changes at 4AM eastern time. This is speaking from past channel changes like this where a channel mapping update is going to take place.

How can we find out for sure. If its a midnight update for Sirius I wanna see it.

Santinelli

Oct 16, 2008
Milford, NH
Aaahhh, those were the day's weren't they? I remember waiting for new channels being released, channels being deleted... Waking up in the middle of the night for the excitement... :)

I loved the Old XM and Sirius. It was music for everyone, not just the majority FM listeners...

udfan07

Nov 5, 2008
Ohio
It would be at least nice to know if they are doing it tomorrow. They wouldn't necessarily have to say what channels are staying or going but at least officially say tomorrow we are changing the channels around.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
How can we find out for sure. If its a midnight update for Sirius I wanna see it.

Only the engineers would know when they plan to pull the switch for the changes to take place. I know of no way to actually find out. Usually if they do a release it would include a time, but we know they aren't doing that this time. :whistle:

Thor

Nov 11, 2008
I could post a list of the Sirius channels as of 12 AM November 12, but then I'd have to shoot you.