Why aren't college sports broadcasts available online or with the SXM app?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I thought I was the only person wondering that! Read this from last year: http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/ncaa-all-sports/18280-college-football-sxm.html

I asked SXM about it and here's their reply:

Hi -

Here's a link to all of our NCAA games: Live Sports Schedules - College Football - SiriusXM Radio

Unfortunately, not all of the games will be covered online. Those are are can be found on channel 91.

Hope this helps,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

As was the case last year, Only USC Trojans, Texas & Louisville games are streamed.
However, although not listed on SXM's schedule, All Notre Dame games are streamed on The Catholic Channel SXM129 and all BYU games on BYU Radio SXM143.

paulsonj72

Dec 8, 2008
I thought I was the only person wondering that! Read this from last year: College Football on SXM | Digital Radio Central

I asked SXM about it and here's their reply:

As was the case last year, Only USC Trojans, Texas & Louisville games are streamed.
However, although not listed on SXM's schedule, All Notre Dame games are streamed on The Catholic Channel SXM129 and all BYU games on BYU Radio SXM143.

To answer that question quite a bit later, a lot of colleges charge a fee to listen to sports broadcasts online and they really don't want to give up that revenue source by having those broadcasts available too sat rad subscribers for no additional fee other than the price they are paying to get the sat rad subscription.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
To answer that question quite a bit later, a lot of colleges charge a fee to listen to sports broadcasts online and they really don't want to give up that revenue source by having those broadcasts available too sat rad subscribers for no additional fee other than the price they are paying to get the sat rad
subscription.

I'd rather have a radio just wish I could access some of those music channels like the Village and Pop Party Mix only on the internet.

Reactions: semipenguin