Why are the drivers hated for being rich?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Someone called Press Pass today and complained that the drivers make too much money and are not in touch with the fans :confused:

Hello! They drive cars very fast and win races. AND get paid to do so :rolleyes:

When these caller call Speedway, Moody always asks them if they would say no to making that much money for driving a truck (it seems that all of them are truck drivers that call and complain :worried:)

Very few of these guys are born into money (Paul Menard). Most had parents that gave up a lot for them to race, from the lower ranks up until they are able to get hired by a car owner and get major backing.

Give it a rest, people. I'm sure if they had a chance to do the same thing, they would. I know I would love to do what they do :)

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I have no problem with them being rich. They wouldn't be if weren't for the fans and the sport. We made them rich. I don't understand how that bothers someone.
Its not like they stole the money.

Well, maybe the ones who don't perform it's like stealing. ;)

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I think in this economy there's just more hate towards the rich...

Like when you're failing a math class and you hate the guy that keeps pulling A's. Or is that just me? :scratch:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Race car drivers got paid next to nothing for decades, and now they are reaping the rewards of the success of their profession, and rightly so. They put theyre lives and daily health on the line every corner of every lap on every track. They deserve every penny they get in my opinion.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
People hate what they aren't good enough to get. The people that complain are the same one that want the rich to pay for the poor in this country instead of working that much harder to get ahead.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I think in this economy there's just more hate towards the rich...

Yeah, but the rich have always been beaten up by the media and hollywood. It's funny that on TV and in movies the rich are always portrayed as being republican but never democrat. And the poor, who are usually uninformed, vote for all these mega-rich democrats who don't give a flip about their well being. (and let me say now that there is very LITTLE difference between the two parties IMO.)

ANYWHO......:p

I don't have a problem with a driver making the most money they can. The problem seems to be how they and the teams are viewed, what with all the private planes, helicopters, houses on wheels also known as buses, etc.

No wonder it takes certain teams 30 million a season to run. :p

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
But the drivers are out of touch with the commen fan! :eek:mfg:

They no longer have to work on their own cars, or have to driver their own haulers. They don't spend 5hrs after the race signing autographs :worried:

What is this world coming to? :idunno:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
They don't spend 5hrs after the race signing autographs

I DO think drivers should make more time available for the fans. Especially now with times being like they are. It's great for the sport and good for them too.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
At the track it is not hard to get autographs and such if that is what you're in to. Many drivers have appearances around the area that are related to their sponsors. Also, many of the drivers souvenir haulers post times that they will appear for that kind of thing. They hand out tickets to the first X number of people so that they get a chance to meet these guys albeit only for a brief moment. You can't really expect more than that. If you stood in the back of one of these lines, you'd understand that. You can be waiting quite a while. We used to do this when the kids were young and they were thrilled to meet these drivers. Today, when we are at the track, we still see these signs posted with autograph times.