Who's The Odd Man Out at Roush?

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
That doesn't mean David won't go too.....but, Rousch has bent over backwards for McMurray without reward. Jack just may get rid of both and look for a better fourth driver. David's kinda grown on me for some reason...but...think I'd let him go as well. Ford can't afford to have any deadwood with the few cars they have left in the sport.

Mears??? be interesting to see what Childress has for drivers next year.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Kenseth is without sponsorship. What if he goes to SHR to driver the Bass Pro car next year? :right:

He may be able to get out of his contract with Roush since DeWalt is leaving :)

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
i think part of the UPS sponsorship deal was that david would stay at rfr. anyways, i highly doubt jack is going to let the famed 6 car to go across the street.

If UPS wants him I agree David will stay. But...if they don't...David leaving doesn't mean the 6 does.;)

Guess we'll all find out over the next few months....might see a bunch of "new" names in CUP.:p

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Did anyone else hear a commercial on Sirius yesterday with Jack Roush talking about needing sponsors and asking companies to call?
I thought that was a new move.
And yeah, I said all along it'd be Jamie out at RFR.

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Did anyone else hear a commercial on Sirius yesterday with Jack Roush talking about needing sponsors and asking companies to call?
I thought that was a new move.
And yeah, I said all along it'd be Jamie out at RFR.

I've heard it on Sirius and other places as well...think even on TV.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
#17 moving on too???

Geoff Smith: "If you're asking about our team plans for 2010, we're settled that Carl Edwards and Aflac, Greg Biffle with 3M, and David Ragan with UPS will be staying put and that sponsorship is going to kind of determine whether or not the #17 or the #26 are going to have to be the teams we shut down and move, if we can."

Smith: "There are difficulties. You just can't assume that a team can transfer intact just because you want it to. There are sponsors that get to vote as to what organization they're going to sponsor. So we have to work through that, which is what I've been saying. I expect, now that the DeWalt cloud has been removed, we're going to move very quickly to lock in the sponsorship and then that sponsorship will determine [whether] the #17 stays or goes."

Host, Claire B. Lang: "Meaning that we could see a past champion, Matt Kenseth, moving?"

Smith: "It all depends on the sponsorships. Our objective is to keep both of those teams (the #17 and the #26) in the Ford Motor Company community. We're hoping that we don't have to keep one and then lose one out of the Ford community entirely. So if we can keep them both in the [Ford] community by shuffling the #17 we would do that. Pretty unlikely that Matt Kenseth or the #17 will move at this point."

(SIRIUS NASCAR Radio)

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Wow... Who'd want to let go of Matt kenseth? Even to a satelite team.
If I was Matt I'd be trying to get out of my contract and calling Stewart-Hass. ;) I don't think thats how you treat a former chap who's still very competitive.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
From Jayski concerning Kenseth.....

hearing that Roush Fenway Racing will announce sometime this week that Crown Royal will sponsor the #17 Ford of Matt Kenseth for approximately 18 races in 2010, replacing DeWalt. The other 18 races will probably be 2-3 other sponsors.