Who's The Odd Man Out at Roush?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
From Jayski

Who will be the odd man out at Roush Fenway Racing? According to published reports, Roush Fenway president Geoff Smith is putting together a sponsor package that would keep #26-Jamie McMurray in the fold. McMurray, whose contract expires after this season, has been speculated as the most likely to be moved to satellite team, Yates Racing, to get Roush to four teams. If McMurray stays then #6-David Ragan becomes the top candidate to leave because #17-Matt Kenseth, #99-Carl Edwards and #16-Greg Biffle signed new deals within the last year. A decision on restructuring should come by September at the latest. Roush has until next season to move from five to four teams as NASCAR mandated when it put a cap on teams.

Does Reagan deserve to go, does McMurray deserve to stay? Reagan has been a disappointment this year, and McMurray is doing what McMurray does. Thoughts? :scratch:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
If it was me I'd let McMurry go. I like him but he's been around long enough to show what he's capable of. David is youg and still has time to improve.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Ragan hasn't done anything since he was put in the #6 car. Kick him out & put McMurray in the #6 car like he was supposed to from the beginning :mad:
Posted via Mobile Device

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Ragan hasn't done anything since he was put in the #6 car.

really, so 13th in points last year isn't that good? jamie's best finish was 11th, and that was almost 5 years ago.

i'm not sure what his problem is this year, but one thing he's doing different this year than last is running less nationwide races. yes they are totally 2 different cars, but track time is track time regardless.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
really, so 13th in points last year isn't that good? jamie's best finish was 11th, and that was almost 5 years ago.

Jamie had proven he cqn run up front every week with good equipment. David has not.

Also, Roush as a whole isn't running as well as they usually do.

Correct. But even when Roush was running well as a whole, David has not (again).

I think over the time Jamie has done more then David..

Me too :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
What has David done.????????????? Career 0 wins 8 top 5's 18 top 10's

What has Jamie done??????????????? Career 2 wins 29 top 5's 78 top 10's

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
The only time I see Jamie running good is when he's about to lose his ride. I absolutely HATE drivers like that. Or any athlete in any sport who does that.

If I'm an owner I don't spend one more penny for Jamie. I'd keep David Ragan and try to get him and his crew to improve.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Its hard to compare #s when Ragan has only been in the cup series 3 years to McMurry's 8??
I'm not trying to knock McMurry at all I just think from a business decision you'd get more bang for your buck in the long run from Ragan.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
You know, I don't have anything personal against Casey but DUDE! Get it together or move out so somebody can move up.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This is not a case where one car is better than the other ie Mayfield in the 19 & Kahne in the 9 team swap. Jimmy Fenning is a championship crew chief.

Jack screwed up the 16 & 26 (97) after the 2005 season & I'd say neither have fully recovered.
Posted via Mobile Device

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
McMurray actually has a win at Roush, Regan doesn't have any. McMurray has simply had the better numbers. Has he been around longer than Regan, yeah, but McMurray has a better chance in my mind.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
There's also another thing to look at...

Jamie is a lot more marketable then David is. I bet UPS would much rather have Jamie pimping their service than David :)

But that's just my opinion, and everyone knows what opinions are like :right: