Who's The Best Current DJ In The Sirius XM Nation?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Choose who's the funnest, then choose who's the most informative, the channel with the best DJs, then your overall favorite... That DJ your day isn't complete without. It has to be the DJ of a music show, not a personality or talk show like Jason Ellis or Little Stevie.

My Picks:
Funnest DJ: Madison from Alt Nation
Most Informative: Dave Z from Cinemagic
Channel with Best DJs: Alt Nation
Best DJ: Even though there's a lot of talk, Jo Wiley from BBC Radio 1 has introduced me to a ton of great music over the past year or two.

:ter:

Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
My Picks:
Funnest DJ: I agree with you... it's Madison (except I listen to her on First Wave)

Most Informative: Pat St. John ('50s on 5, Deep Tracks)

Channel with Best DJs: Classic Vinyl, but I could have chosen a few channels here.

Best DJ: Mark Goodman (Rewind and '80s on 8).

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
My favorite all-around DJ is Vin Scelsa on The Loft. Most informative is Les Davis on Real Jazz. My favorite who is no longer on is Rick Allison from the now-defunct Sirius Disorder.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Phlash Phelps on 60s on 6, even tho the playlists have been cut way back.

Pat St John on 50s on 5 & 4 others

Ken "Spider" Webb Soul Town

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I like Alan Hunter on the 80s.
I also like Kayla on Classic Rewind.

Hounorable mention: Mark Goodman on Classic Rewind.

sirius19010

Oct 29, 2008
Funniest: Madison (First Wave) (runner-up: Martha Quinn, 80s on 8)
Most informative: Mark Goodman (80s, Classic Rewind)
Channel with best DJs: 80s on 8
Overall favorite: (tie) Mark Goodman Jim Kerr (Classic Rewind)

Honorable mentions: Richard Blade, Alan Hunter, Larry the Duck, Mark Davis, Kim Ashley, Jim Ryan

acap

Oct 16, 2008
My Picks:
Funnest DJ: George Christie - Iceberg 85
Most Informative: Jim Ryan - The Pulse
Channel with Best DJs: Iceberg 85
Best DJ: Jim Ryan - The Pulse

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
My favorite DJ's are Bob Thomas, and TJ, oh waite I'm sorry you did ask for "Best Current DJ's"

The Bridge is my "One to go to" and their are no DJ's on the Bridge I guess if time stood still or went back in time they would be my favorite

sorry :blush:

GreenHornet99

Oct 17, 2008
JJ Walker on 70's on 7 and Sirius Hits 1 (goes by Spyder name)
Majic Matt Allan on 70's on 7
Kayla on Classic Rewind
Mark Goodman on 80's on 8

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I hope this counts.

Casey Kasem’s American Top 40 – The 70s
Saturdays Noon - 3 pm ET
Sundays 9 am ET - Noon ET
Mondays Midnight - 3 am ET
Millions of fans around the world find the name Casey Kasem synonymous with musical countdowns. Now the “King of the Countdowns†is back with American Top 40 – The 70s. The same show he created in 1970 that became the worldwide gold standard for the music countdown Casey’s AT40 features all of the hits of the decade and “It ain’t #1 unless Casey says soâ€. Unlocked and remastered from the vaults of American Top 40, hear authentic 70s time capsules from Casey, who reminds us to “keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the tars!â€

rubyfire77

Nov 24, 2009
Ugh, you guys must be crazy! Madison is, without a doubt, the WORST dj I have EVER heard in my life! She's terrible. I love 1st Wave, but, man, I'll tell you what, sometimes it's difficult for me to listen to it during the day. I just can't stomach her. Not funny at all...she tries way too hard, and her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

*sigh* okay, now that I got that out...hahaha.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Ugh, you guys must be crazy! Madison is, without a doubt, the WORST dj I have EVER heard in my life! She's terrible. I love 1st Wave, but, man, I'll tell you what, sometimes it's difficult for me to listen to it during the day. I just can't stomach her. Not funny at all...she tries way too hard, and her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

*sigh* okay, now that I got that out...hahaha.

Some people like her, some people don't. I love Madison on both 1st Wave and Alt Nation. She just rocks :flowers:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Speaking of DJs, didn't know I'd really miss this one till he was gone, but Cane has gone M.I.A. on Alt Nation. Great personality... Hope he's just on hiatus or vacation.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Speaking of DJs, didn't know I'd really miss this one till he was gone, but Cane has gone M.I.A. on Alt Nation. Great personality... Hope he's just on hiatus or vacation.

You know, I just noticed this myself about a week ago.

I know CANE is on OCTANE now. The gym I go to plays Octane all the time and I hear him on there.

I liked him on Alt Nation as this is my channel of choice for music. I also like Madison.

And, just to clarify, the CANE from Alt Nation and/or Octane IS the same Cane from the old CANE and CABBY days from KROCK in NY, right?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
You know, I just noticed this myself about a week ago.

I know CANE is on OCTANE now. The gym I go to plays Octane all the time and I hear him on there.

I liked him on Alt Nation as this is my channel of choice for music. I also like Madison.

And, just to clarify, the CANE from Alt Nation and/or Octane IS the same Cane from the old CANE and CABBY days from KROCK in NY, right?

Yeah, I think so. Both Cane from Octane and Cabbie started out in the Minneapolis area.