Who's Running The Twitter Account?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Not a complaint or anything, but I think the Twitter account could do a lot better at advertising the site. Maybe that will help drive traffic a little.

EDIT: I might be able to offer my services if you'd like.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
I don't think a PM will be necessary, I'll just post it here.

I'll just say the Twitter account has been under-utilized in the promotion of this board. Countdowns are great, but there's a lot more to this place that should be promoted. Who Am I, Theme Songs, The user music threads, the Fantasy Leagues (our NFL league is still sitting at 9 teams), plus you could use it to live tweet certain events on Satellite radio (I don't have satellite, and likely never will so I won't be involved there). There are also several apps like Crowdfire that you could use to promote the Twitter account, which in turn promotes the board.

I think I've been on some form of this site (DRC and SBS) for a decade now, and would like to see it continue.

And I'm still not a big fan of the current forum theme. The brown does nothing for me. I'd rather see bright colors, lighter themes, and yes, even a dark/black theme, at least more variety than what's available now. And more 'toys' on the forum like a portal, with actual birthday listings. Create something that will want to keep people coming back beyond the usual cast of regulars.

Reactions: Wolf

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
In the meantime, anybody can tweet any post if they have a Twitter account.
All you have to do is click the little number at the bottom of the post, and it will give you a bunch of options on how you can share it via several different social sites.

TwitterLink.JPG
TwitterLink2.JPG

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Tapatalk has a share. If you highlight the post then click the three little dots in the upper right corner, it gives you the share options. I don't have twitter on my phone though, so I'm not sure how/if it works.