Who's in/Who's out?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Who's going to the playoffs? Who's going to come up short?

With six game left in the season for each team (almost each team, damn Thursday Games...:(), tell me who are your playoff teams?

AFC
New York
Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Denver

Wildcards
New England
Indianapolis

NFC
New York
Minnesota
Carolina
Arizona

Wildcards
Dallas
Tampa Bay

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
In no seed order

AFC
NY Jets
Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Denver

Wildcards
Indianapolis
Baltimore

NFC
NY Giants
Green Bay
Carolina
Arizona

Wildcards
Washington
Tampa Bay

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
AFC:

East - N.Y. Jets
West - Denver
North - Pittsburgh
South - Tennessee

Wild Cards - Baltimore & Miami

NFC:

East - N.Y. Giants
West - Arizona
North - Green Bay
South - Carolina

Wild Cards - Atlanta & Tampa Bay

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
AFC
#1 Tennessee and #2 NY Jets (first round byes)

#6 New England @ #3 Pittsburgh
#5 Indianapolis @ #4 San Diego

NFC
#1 NY Giants and #2 Carolina (first round byes)

#6 Tampa Bay @ #3 Arizona
#5 Dallas @ #4 Minnesota

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I would love to see San Diego & Green Bay make the playoffs (playoffs?), but I really don't think it's going to happen this year...:(

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
AFC Toast

Houston
Jacksonville
Cleveland
Cincinnati
San Diego
Oakland
Kansas City

NFC Toast

Philadelphia
Green Bay
Detroit
San Francisco
St. Louis
Seattle

On the Bubble...:right:

Buffalo
Miami

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
AFC Toast

Houston
Jacksonville
Cleveland
Cincinnati
San Diego
Oakland
Kansas City

NFC Toast

Philadelphia
Green Bay
Detroit
San Francisco
St. Louis
Seattle

On the Bubble...:right:

Buffalo
Miami

I wouldn't rule out San Diego. They are only 2 games behind a very weak division leader. Even KC is still technically alive at 1-10 in that division. Also Green Bay is only 1 game behind in another weak division with a tiebreaker over the other 2 right now.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I wouldn't rule out San Diego. They are only 2 games behind a very weak division leader. Even KC is still technically alive at 1-10 in that division. Also Green Bay is only 1 game behind in another weak division with a tiebreaker over the other 2 right now.

You're right. I just think neither will pull it out with five weeks left. It's gut check time & I don't think they have the guts....:(

:)

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I might have to take New Orleans and Houston off the Toast List. They both still have a chance, especially New Orleans...:)

New York (Jets), Miami, New England, and Baltimore. Only two will make the playoffs (playoffs?) Which two will it be?...:right:

My guess is New York and New England...:)

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I can't wait to see how the AFC East finishes up. Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots all at 8-5.

Never would have thought the Falcons and Dolphins would both be 8-5 after the year they had last year.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I might have to take New Orleans and Houston off the Toast List. They both still have a chance, especially New Orleans...:)

New York (Jets), Miami, New England, and Baltimore. Only two will make the playoffs (playoffs?) Which two will it be?...:right:

My guess is New York and New England...:)

Houston is mathematically eliminated. New Orleans is last place in a division 2 games behind the leaders. One of the leaders will win tonight so they would be 3 games back with 3 to play. Unlikely. They are one game back of a wildcard with 4 teams between them and Dallas. You would have to break out the supercomputer and look at tiebreakers.

I think Indy and Baltimore will be the wildcards. One of the Jets, Miami and NE will make the playoffs as AFC east Champ.

Can someone explain to my why the NYG have clinched the division? Dallas could run the table and finish 11-5. This would involve a split in the season series with NYG and tied at 11-5 they would have identical division and conference record. Why is the division clinched?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Houston is mathematically eliminated.

They may not be going to the playoffs, but I've been very impressed with this team lately. Going into Green Bay in December and getting a win is not easy. Houston started off 0-4 and they've gone 6-3 since. They have the same record as Buffalo (6-7), who started the season 4-0.

I'm very encouraged about this team going into next season. Of course, I said that last year too after they finished 8-8. So who knows.

Blyons...next week's game versus Tennessee should be a good one.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Can someone explain to my why the NYG have clinched the division? Dallas could run the table and finish 11-5. This would involve a split in the season series with NYG and tied at 11-5 they would have identical division and conference record. Why is the division clinched?

I believe it's because New York beat Pittsburgh, so that's your tiebreaker.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
They may not be going to the playoffs, but I've been very impressed with this team lately. Going into Green Bay in December and getting a win is not easy. Houston started off 0-4 and they've gone 6-3 since. They have the same record as Buffalo (6-7), who started the season 4-0.

I'm very encouraged about this team going into next season. Of course, I said that last year too after they finished 8-8. So who knows.

Blyons...next week's game versus Tennessee should be a good one.

Should be a good one. Tennessee still has homefield advantage to play for, so Tennessee will not lay down. Houston sure isn't gonna lay down either. Watch them turnovers though, Tennessee will kill you if you turn it over.