Who would you rather listen to?

Who would you rather listen to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Actually, I'm not knocking Anthony Bourdain. I think he would be a good interview. I just included him because I thought it would be funny since Baba Booey seems solid on not booking him. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Actually, I'm not knocking Anthony Bourdain. I think he would be a good interview. I just included him because I thought it would be funny since Baba Booey seems solid on not booking him. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I think Bourdain would be a very entertaining interview. His show is pretty good, and he has a lot of great stories about a lot of legendary people. The "Booey is stupid" jokes are so very, very true. His attempt to explain why he wouldn't book one of the most popular and influential metal bands of all time was mind-boggling. I'm not a metal fan, but I know Maiden is a giant band and planted solidly in Howard's fan base demo. Plus, imagine the comedy gold to be mined from Richard on that day. Much better to book a friend of Beth's and give her 40 minutes to talk about smelly "va-jay-jay" and "in-a-hurry-curry". Oh snap!

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I want the lead singer from Iron Maiden to talk about Rocco DeSpirito's perfect penis.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I was the second vote for Whitney, you still need to flush out the first vote.

I think she could be a lot of fun under the right circumstances, and she is a big girl in all the right places.

I would like to see and hear more of her, and I don't care who books her.

Reactions: Forevernever

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
TWUS was mind boggling yesterday. How could Booey defen Whitney as being the a bigger/better guest than on of the biggest bands of all time?

Hell, I don't even like them, but at least i know them

:soapbox:

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
TWUS was mind boggling yesterday. How could Booey defen Whitney as being the a bigger/better guest than on of the biggest bands of all time?

Hell, I don't even like them, but at least i know them

:soapbox:

Just because they are a great band doesn't mean they would be a great interview. Plus they don't sound like they give a fuck about promoting on satrad, at least not according to Jose...

I really didn't think that Whitney chick was so bad. It was good fodder for jokes. Howard pretty much called out her credentials for writing a relationship guide. She was unwillingly forthcoming about sex. The only thing missing was Artie cracking on her.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Just because they are a great band doesn't mean they would be a great interview. Plus they don't sound like they give a fuck about promoting on satrad, at least not according to Jose...

I really didn't think that Whitney chick was so bad. It was good fodder for jokes. Howard pretty much called out her credentials for writing a relationship guide. She was unwillingly forthcoming about sex. The only thing missing was Artie cracking on her.

There have been many "relationship councellors" hawking a book on the show that turned out worse than this broad.

But then again none of them was linked to Beth. :rolleyes:).

As far as interviewing the guy from Iron Maiden? Riiiight . . . great stuff. Gary should take a whole week and book him, the drummer from Quiet Riot, the bassist from Warrant, and a roadie from Stryper. Just let me know so I can go on vacation that week. :shifty:

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
There have been many "relationship councellors" hawking a book on the show that turned out worse than this broad.

But then again none of them was linked to Beth. :rolleyes:).

As far as interviewing the guy from Iron Maiden? Riiiight . . . great stuff. Gary should take a whole week and book him, the drummer from Quiet Riot, the bassist from Warrant, and a roadie from Stryper. Just let me know so I can go on vacation that week. :shifty:

You're comparing Quiet Riot and Warrant to Iron Maiden? One is a seminal, immensely influential band in a major musical movement, and the other two are one-hit wonders from the early 80's. One sells out arenas, the other two struggle to fill the local club on 80's night (is Warrant still touring?). One has their own 737 (which Dickinson flies himself), the other two rent vans. One has sold 70 million albums (the only other metal acts to sell more are Metallica and Sabbath), the other two haven't sold 20 million combined (and I'm being generous).

Come on man; I know you like the cool-aid, but stuff like that doesn't help your credibility.

Last edited:

5thstreet

Dec 31, 2008
Minetto, NY
None of the above, or all of the above.

I love it when there are no guests. More time to talk to ETM, JD's zit, or... er ah Kennedy impressions.

But at the same time Howard can make just about anybody a good interview.

No vote.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
One is a seminal, immensely influential band in a major musical movement

Yeah, comparing Bruce and crew to those other bands really does Iron Maiden a disservice. I can understand why Booey may not want them in, but one thing Booey seems to forget is that every once in a while, a guest they thought might suck turns out to be a gem.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
None of the above, or all of the above.

I love it when there are no guests. More time to talk to ETM, JD's zit, or... er ah Kennedy impressions.

But at the same time Howard can make just about anybody a good interview.

No vote.

Yeah, you never know who is going to suck and who will be classic. of the choices above, Bourdain would be my choice (watching his show on tivo as I type this), but none of them sound like all that great of an interview.