Who will benefit most from the testing ban

MicEd

Oct 23, 2008
michigan
I believe that the teams that don't have the money to test will be the big winners.
i think that because they don't test anyway the testing ban could very well colse the gap and make for a more competive season. with second tear teams actually winning some reaces because they are use to gathering information without testing.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I hope that's the case. I would love to see one of the smaller/one car teams win races & compeat for a championship...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Gonna be interesting, I dont see how it couldn't close the gap at least some. I still aint sure how long mfgs. will be involved if there is enough heat after the bailouts. I dont care how much return they get on there involvement, the big 3 does not need their names all over the place. Who the hell doesnt know they exist? All we need to see from them are the sales they are running and the new models coming out. I appreciate the fact they support nascar, but not on my dime. Most of the hosts would have a fit if you tried to say this on their show. Its about sickening to hear some of the owners, as well as the dork France, beg for bailout support. Other than ALL the workers involved, nascar teams would benefit more from a bailout than anyone. Yes nascar could survive without their support, but they benefit from it big time!

VetteUSA1

Dec 26, 2008
Well, I don't see how the tail-enders will close the gap if they can't test. It's definately a disadvantage for the new teams like Tony Stewart.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Well, I don't see how the tail-enders will close the gap if they can't test. It's definately a disadvantage for the new teams like Tony Stewart.

If the tailenders couldnt afford to test to begin with, it would stand to reason that it will have to benefit them at least a litte bit. But you may be right, we'll see. I dont expect any huge differences, the big dogs will still run upfront. Money always buys speed, no exceptions!:flex:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Wouldn't the larger teams just spend more time and money on R&D and 7 post shaker time? I'd love to see the smaller teams compete but I think the Hendrick's and Roush's will just find other places to spend their money.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Who will benefit most from the testing ban ?

The 'rich' teams will benefit the most. You want to close the gap? Then have the ban only apply to Hendrick, Gibbs, Jack, and Childress. Of course this can't be done not to mention that the smaller teams would be spending so much of their capitol to test.

When someone like Jack recommends a complete testing ban then a red flag pops up.