Who Hates Off Weeks?

9FNZ

Oct 18, 2008
GOD!!!! I hate them, i fully understand the teams need them from time to time to regroup as (Donnie Wingo) said this morning. But i still don't have to like them. Anyone else? Discuss....

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I think they should race on Easter, winner gets a big Easter basket full of candy.

Thats the best idea I've heard in a long tim! :bigthumbup::jj:

Seriously, I hate off weeks too. But what can ya do? Everyone needs time off.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
How about this, cut the seaon down... and stretch the off-weeks out:bigthumbup:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Well, I have to work this weekend and I'm off next weekend so it's cool with me. And, you know.....it's all about ME! :p

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I think that with the Super Bowl being further into February in a couple of years, you'll see that break after Auto Club, or LVMS eliminated, and Easter be the first break of the season...:)

I think they should break the breaks up. One Break every 9 weeks. Makes scenes...:right:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
While we’re at it...more night races!

AMEN!

the Super Bowl being further into February in a couple of years

I really don't think that will happen. But two preseason games will be changed to "real" games. But...either way is cool with me...the NFL rocks!

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Personally i think they should have a race or two every year in the middle of the week in the afternoon time period. Now wait, i hear some of you calling me crazy but just bear with me. Remember the truck race on monday at martinsville? That race was talked about for the entire week. Sure kyles actions had alot to do with that but the bottom line here is that people were watching/listening. Go back to michigan a couple years ago. Nascar raced on a Tuesday morning. That race too was talked about for many days after. I honestly enjoyed listening to the truck race on the radio last monday. Put in more days like that and more breaks could be inserted into the schedule.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, I would be for mid-week racing. Especially if it were night racing.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Personally i think they should have a race or two every year in the middle of the week in the afternoon time period. Now wait, i hear some of you calling me crazy but just bear with me. Remember the truck race on monday at martinsville? That race was talked about for the entire week. Sure kyles actions had alot to do with that but the bottom line here is that people were watching/listening. Go back to michigan a couple years ago. Nascar raced on a Tuesday morning. That race too was talked about for many days after. I honestly enjoyed listening to the truck race on the radio last monday. Put in more days like that and more breaks could be inserted into the schedule.

The only reason that people were talking about the truck race @ Martinsville was because of Kyle Busch. Most people were not watching because they were at work. Same thing with Michigan, most people were not watching because they were at work. Sure, they talked about it. After all, how many races had been rained out two days in a row? Not many.

As far as running races in the afternoon during the week. I guess that would be great for people that don't work during the week. The viewing audience would be way down. Attendance would be down. The advertising dollar would be down.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Very true. Maybe Thursday night and Friday night....

I sure want to see more Saturday night racing.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I like the occasional off-week. I get some things accomplished. The season is more than long enough, besides there was still the Saturday race.