Who has a Wii?

Discussion in 'Games & Consoles' started by MM, Oct 26, 2008.

1. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

you should be able to save friends in your wii. I did it with mariokart, but i don't recall how I did it at the moment. so if you ever see Howard Stern racing Darth Vader it's probably me and my buddy :).

I just picked up MLB Power Pros 2008. Very fun game! I don't think the Wii is supposed to be the platform of choice for hardcore gamers (PC will always rule there) but it's more for getting people together and playing some fun and relatively simple games.
  2. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

In Reston VA BB, I saw several dozen Wii units today. They did not have Wii Fit - That's what I need!
  3. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

That WII fit is pretty good if you work it into a full routine. good stretching and warm-up exercises.
  4. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Wii come with component cables?
  5. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

No, they come with composite cables. The component cables cost $35, but you can probably find them cheaper. Also note that the highest resolution the Wii supports is 480p, though that's not really a big deal.
  6. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

OK, thanks for the good info. I found these on Amazon for $3.36. they should be OK, right?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Component-Cable-HDTV-Definition/dp/B000M5ZIVY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1227649458&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Nintendo Wii Component Cable AV Cable for HDTV/EDTV High Definition 480p: Video Games[/ame]
  7. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Yeah they should work fine.
  8. MM

MM Administrator

9. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I got them and they work great. Yes, a slight improvement. worth the $$$$ I paid for them.
  10. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

I had to go the eBay route for the Fit. I waited too long to start looking.